Help me cure my Extreme Metal phobia

I had the same problem. I got into more extreme music by opening my mind a bit but I started slowly with these bands:

- Deadhorse
- Neurosis
- Isis (which is really easy to listen to it's so good)
- Graves at Sea
- Oceans of Sadness
- Indian Summer
- Nile
- Strapping Young Lad
- Anvil (yeah well hey!)
- Goat Horn
- Old Man's Child
- Entombed
- Immortal
- Cult of Luna

Fucking excellently produced high-quality extreme metal albums...

Immortal... Sons of Northern Darkness
Immortal... At The Heart of Winter
Immortal... Damned In Black
Arch Enemy... Wages of Sin
Bloodbath... Resurrection Through Carnage
Children of Bodom... ALL
Death... The Sound of Perseverance
Dissection... Storm of the Light's Bane
Immolation... Dawn of Possession
Emperor... ALL
Dragonlord.. Rapture
In Flames... The Jester Race
Malevolent Creation... The Will To Kill
Marduk... Panzer Division Marduk
Rotting Christ... Genesis
Rotting Christ... Khronos
The Haunted... The Haunted Made Me Do It
Vader... Revelations

Orion Crystal Ice said:
Extol - Undecieved................. if you like your Origin and Meshuggah there's a good chance you'll like songs off this..try the title track and Time Stands Still
Watchtower - Control and Resistance ................... get anything off this...this is half the reason bands like Meshuggah exist.
Death - The Sound of Perseverance................... Riff-o-rama, that goes with any Death album though, especially this, Symbolic, and Individual Thought Patterns.
Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe................... listen to after you've digested the rest.
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness............. Great black metal, amazing production.
Sanctifica - Spirit of Purity........... same
Watchtower and Spiral Architect :headbang:
Did you hear Ron Jarzonbek's ( Watchtower's guitarist on Control and Resistance ) new band, Spastic Ink ? It's so technical that it has become scary !
Well, they're not extreme metal to me though but they're real good !
In the same vein :
Atheist
Anacrusis http://apogee.whack.org/~ken/ ( their cds are available in mp3 format from their website ! Get Screams and Whispers now, it's really good, the other ones are ok.. )
Possessed is also a great old classic from the 80s !

Quote:Originally Posted by MrMajs
In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, Opeth
Neslepaks said:
None of those bands are extreme metal.

You are correct...they do, however, suck to the EXTREME. And yes I do notice Opeth is in that bunch for those of you who find them to be the most earth shattering, greatest of all metal band..

Immortal Death said:
Fucking excellently produced high-quality extreme metal albums...

Rotting Christ... Genesis
Rotting Christ... Khronos

:puke:

Everything after A Dead Poem is just....lacking. I'm sorry, it's so very true. There's interesting...bits....but really, they're just lame now. All the more pity cuz Triarchy of the Lost Lovers is one of my fave albums of all time. :cry:

Soul_Schizm said:
Yes, Dissection is awesome because it's got such unusual musicianship & production for a Black Metal band.

true, but i feel guilty buying their stuff coz of the um....murder incident, i wont go into tho, ill prolly just start WW3

if you want extreme metal go for the bezerker, fuck... im dead, deicide, and lots more but i cant be bothered thinking right now.

well... if you want something edgy (compared to your current listening) with excellent production... I highly recommend Old Man's Child - The Pagan Prosperity. it's an excellent album and probably has the best production out of anything I've heard... everything is very precise and clean, every drum beat or bass lick.