HELP me find new music

Im going to be honest with ya. There is no METAL band that is quite like Opeth. you know that and i know that. .

well said!!!
I can't believe no one's mentioned Porcupine tree, Radiohead, or Dimmu Borgir
I might add Katatonia, Dredg, Shining, Sylvan,Lacuna Coil, Paatos, and Hans Zimmer.....
not exactly opeth like but all pretty much favs around here so it seems...right? :D
edit: okay some have been mentioned...I guess I'll re-mention them then!!!

well said!!!
I can't believe no one's mentioned Porcupine tree, Radiohead, or Dimmu Borgir
I might add Katatonia, Dredg, Shining, Sylvan,Lacuna Coil, Paatos, and Hans Zimmer.....
not exactly opeth like but all pretty much favs around here so it seems...right? :D
edit: okay some have been mentioned...I guess I'll re-mention them then!!!

good choices, along with Porcupine Tree and Paatos, also try Anekdoten. Also Katatonia, Orphaned Land, Agalloch, In The Woods.

Oh... I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Edge of Sanity yet! Crimson I and II are definitely worth checking out. But if you buy "When all is said" you get both Crimsons and also a best of CD where the fans have voted for what songs to include. I'd highly recommend that one.

And if you like EoS, then you could also check out Scar Symmetry.

Check out Vintersorg.
andyes, amazon does seem to have a lot of things that might not be at a local record store. usually when checking out new music though I go to the artist's myspace page or their website to get a taste of what they are like. and then from there decide whether it's worth buying or downloading.

Thanks guys. Where do people here buy music?? I never have any money so I was thinking of going through Amazon's used stuff. Anyone have any luck with this?
Amazon can be reliable, today I just got 3 cds that I ordered (it only took 12 days to get here), but some items are listed under different estimated delivery times.

Oh... I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Edge of Sanity yet! Crimson I and II are definitely worth checking out. But if you buy "When all is said" you get both Crimsons and also a best of CD where the fans have voted for what songs to include. I'd highly recommend that one.

And if you like EoS, then you could also check out Scar Symmetry.

I did, right after Moontower. :)
and yes Scar Symmetry is awesome.