Help me to improve my mix PLEASE!!!!!

FHS

Jun 29, 2004
Hello my friends,

I would like to hear how can I improve this drum track mix and also I would like to hear what you think of the mix itself.
If you want to help me log to the virtual service below and download the file drum.mp3 (It´s is very small just a 20 seconds sample of the mixdown).

http://clients.filegenie.com/
username: ravnos
Password: 1523-OIET
(the password is case sensitive)

My mail is fernandowild@globo.com , if you guys don´t want to download from the site I can send via mail, just leave me a message. But please help me to improve this mix sound.

Thank you very very much

HI !
Huumm... too much reverb, maybe!...
Don't like the snare sound! It has too much "snare" sound on it! If you know what I mean?!
But as I can't hear it too loud right now, tomorrow I'll give it a loud listen!

Hiya!
coming from more of an amatuer,
The kit as a whole sounds really heavy and good, something like Impious' Hellucinate if you are familiar, while still sounding relatively natural.
....1, lower the amount of (what sounds like) post-mix reverb you have placed over...perhaps not so much on the toms as they sound quite good, (they give a nice sense of the riff without even having the guitars there...but
....2. your kick(s) sounds a bit messy. If there was not so much reverb, it would have a very nice damped tone, have you tried placing mono reverb over it? depending on the original hit duration (maybe .5s) ~1s reverb duration, mix: 100%orig, 60%reverb, delay~10ms, high end freq. absorption ~100ms,from memory. have a tweak....you'd probably end up with something like the kicks on morbid angel's heretic, but I havent heard that record for probably a year and a bit..
....3, your snare sounds like it is going to get killed behind the guitars. It sounds too roomy and needs more attack
....4, your hi hat might not cut through so much either. It sounds a bit flat and processed.
....5, never judge the sound of a drum mix without the rest of the main instrumentation. The kit may sound really good alone but can easily sound like arse behind it all. my 2 cents worth for now.

Yes there's too much reverb on it!
The toms are a bit ou of tune with a weird resonance; the cymbals sound a bit harsh.
Oh and the kiks will not cut for sure! I mean when mixed with other instruments.
But would be nice to hear it all...
can't judge a mix only with drums!!! :err:

HEy Thank you very much for the help!!!
I´m mixing a new sample... soon i´ll post here... hope you guys will help me again

Thankyou again...