Help me improve my mix!! (.mp3)

hmmmm I think the drums are fine, sure they're a bit too triggered sounding in spots but then again it fits the style.

And yeah all the people I know in the industry use 'beat detective' on *everything* so to me those drums don't sound too perfect at all.

As far as suggestions I would say turn the amount of delay on the main vocals down a bit (it just seems a bit to much and is covering a bit to much 'space')

also maybe get a d-esser(however you spell it) on the main vox as well, they're just a bit harsh in places.

I love the guitar sound *but* it just doesn't seem to 'sit' in the mix enough for me at the moment, it just seems to seperate when there are no keyboards in there, maybe the guitars just need to be turned down a tiny bit.

oh yeah and turn your clean vox up man, your voice is really awesome!!

props bro cool song.

peace

jab

Wadi said:
This is good...

Tell me when the Cd's out! :headbang:

It is: www.blackcomedy.net (under contruction at the moment...)

When it comes to triggering or not I don't think the one is better then the other, just two different flavours, a matter of taste if you will.
I could very easy replace the samples with some less clinical, but I don't want to bacause I think the ones I use now fits
the style better...again, just a matter of taste. In other words, it sounds like that cuz I want it to.

Anyways, I blended in a not-so-clicky sample on the bass drum, you can bearly hear it but it's there...I also reduced the kick with one dB.

I also took away some of the delay on the vocal and rised my melodic vocals (I don't do the growl).

Here's the new version:
http://home.online.no/~mstra/mp3/blackcomedy-warincognito.mp3

Also here is some others tunes from the same production.

This have only partially recorded vocals (no growl yet), but on this one the vox where
ran through an API as oposed to a Focurite Platinum as the others... I think the API makes the vibe of the vocals so much better.
http://home.online.no/~mstra/mp3/blackcomedy-killeveryone.mp3

Here's one that's gonna piss some of you of, hehe..., lotsa kicks and very little breaks. It even has some nice "Morbid Angel" riff in the bridge.
http://home.online.no/~mstra/mp3/blackcomedy-civilparanoia.mp3

Oh, and here is a more, well, melodic song...it has allmost 'too' much breaks as oposed to two of the other songs.
http://home.online.no/~mstra/mp3/blackcomedy-atonewithdecadence.mp3

I know the superia album might sound better, but it was mixed by Fredrick Nordstom with a very expensive Trident mixer console with lotsa expensive
outboard gear and TDM plugins...They also recorded the drums in his studio.

My own tunes where done in a very humble home studio (my bedroom actually), with -only- plugins, no fancy outbard. Oh btw, Menmnock from Susperia plays the bass.

Its all tight stuff. The production, to me anyway, is way above demo quailty. Can't wait till you get the site up. Plus the guitar tone is damn heavy. :headbang:

It's an wonderful line-up you have over there, eh?
An remarkable work you've done. The most exciting stuff I've heard in a long time - creative, nicely produced and so badass..
Your vox is unbelievable, great drive... and the clean(er) part is amazing!

And yeah, the drums sound weirdly mechanical. But it fits the song. The kicks are a bit too much on-your-face, and too "clicky" I guess.

Liked the keyboard approach. How did you got this sound? It's not a great topic on a metal forum but hey...

Cheerz

The keyboardplayer has a Clavia Norlead 2 and a Korg Triton. They was both used in the recordings.

holy crap that song is rad! i don't know what these other meatheads (j/k!) are talking about but I think it sounds perfect, A+, fake sounding or not. i'll buy the cd.

If Fear Factory butt-raped Meshuggah and they had a kid, and Dimmu Borgir was the Godfather, the kid would be this band.

fucking 'a' genius!!

The songs are awesome, and so is the the playing and production!!

I've listened to the songs on my computer as well as in the studio and on various home systems and it translates well to all mediums.

+ 1 for buying the c.d when it's out :cool:

death to the player haters :headbang:

Makes me real happy to hear you like it....but i'm not quite happy yet....i'd like the guitars bigger.....so i'm borrowing a Mesa Rectifier 2:100 poweramp...it just sounds alot bigger at the same volume then my Marshall Valvstate 120/120....the mid is more standing out of the speakers and the bottom has a really nice thumb-ala-meshuggah when palm-muting....