Help me with blackened thrash

High On Maiden said:
Evil Angel from Finland sound pretty great, anyone heard of them?

Alas no, but I do have a couple of suggestions:

a) WITCHERY - Sound like just the thing you might be after. Based on a very strong thrash base, with the rasping vocals akin to Black metal, but with a strong (and I mean STRONG!) nod to 80's style metal in the vein of say, King Diamond - probably too popular to be De Rigeur round here, but I tend to think they're pretty awesome.

b) Usurper - If you like Celtic Frost's early stuff, you're bound to enjoy Usurper. THey have a slant on blackened death/thrash and have a curious mix of retro and modern sounds - I think Earache might even have some mp3's floating around somewhere.

c) Swordmaster - Blackened Swede Death/Thrash, a bit like say a more vicious early Arch Enemy mixed with hints of Motorhead. Kind of lightish on the black metal, but good all the same.

d) Centurions Ghost - An amalgam of prime Venom, Cathedral and Celtic Frost. Very cool, 80's influenced music. http://www.centurionsghost.com/

Hope they help.

I'm going to see Centurion's Ghost in two weeks! My friend is organising a concert here in London with them headlining.

Wednesday 8th February
The Rhythm Factory, London
Nearest tubes Aldgate or Whitechapel

CENTURION's GHOST
Nebukadnezza
Fleshrot
Shatter Effect

should be a cool night!

Nifelheim - Servants of Darkness, I honestly can't believe no one brought this up. Amazing album.

Audiopain - The Traumatizer, another great album that you will love.

Also, I see that you mentioned Sauron, \m/ Amazing band. From Michigan, of all fucking places. Though, you really can't beat Nifelheim's album for what you are looking for