Help me with blackened thrash

High On Maiden said:
I've been listening to Altars of Madness today and this still comes under what I'm talking about. It's really chaotic but still has a dark thrash edge to it, so anything like that I could spread to.

btw - what is the thrashiest of the Bathory releases?

I was going to bring Altars of Madness up but you beat me to it and I'm sure you've listened to it anyhow. The album always seemed to have a real "black" feel to it despite the fact that Black Metal really hadn't gotten off the ground yet at that time.

You might want to check out Emperor- IX Equilibrium as well as it has a lot of thrash influence compared to their other releases. Not the greatest album but it's certainly not a bad one.

Hell, early Sodom and Destruction are often labelled Black/Thrash...I don't know if that's based on influence on the formulation of the Black Metal genre or actual sound, but I do believe it fits these purposes, though I imagine you know these bands already. I'll try to think of more later...I'm trying to register for spring semester classes.

I've got Agent Orange, Persecution Mania, Mad Butcher and Eternal Devastation. I'm sure the ir other early stuff is good too, but at the moment I am looking to find other artists rather than explore the ones I already know.

I enjoy Torture Squad's 'Pandemonium', even if that is more 'deathened' than black, and I find that quite an influence on my playing.

Sarcofago, yeah there's a name I've heard a lot but haven't checked out. Recommendations?

Witches Hammer and Procreation are two Blasphemy-related bands you might be interested in as well.