Help me with blackened thrash

High On Maiden said:
I've been listening to Altars of Madness today and this still comes under what I'm talking about. It's really chaotic but still has a dark thrash edge to it, so anything like that I could spread to.

btw - what is the thrashiest of the Bathory releases?

The first is more Speed/Thrash/Black, so not that one. The other three are all fairly evenly Thrashy, to be honest, but Under The Sign Of The Black Mark is the most well-balanced, and the general consensus of which of the early Bathory albums is best.

Yeah, they have their fair share of thrash! I personally prefer Celtic Frost to Hellhammer, but you might beg to differ. Both are well worth checking out!

Erik said:
yes

there are two songs which are more epic than thrashy the rest thrashes like mad most of the time

also the best bathory album

(h5)

The first two Celtic Frost are kind of what you're looking for I believe.

More modern-ish stuff:

Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack
Blood Storm - Pestilence From The Dragonstar
Abigail (Jpn) - Intercourse And Lust

Yeah Barbatos rocks too, but I like Abigail (ESPECIALLY that disc) a bit better, mainly cuz it kicks fucking ass.

Stuff I forgot:
Cut Throat (also from Japan with the dude from Sigh on vocals, I believe)
Mictlantecuhtli (OK pushing it a bit here, more like melo-black/thrash)

:lol: I definitely want to check out Barbatos now, one of their song titles is "Dick is Fucking Big", haha - that wouldn't be half as funny if the English was somehow better. Also "Blond Hair and Bitch"

Abigail sound exactly what I'm looking for, or maybe slightly more black than thrash, but I'll try to check them out.

picture u as the guy in ur sig....likes wine but rocks out hard

try Insane Clown Posse or Limp Bizkit....pretty thrashy heheeh

Oh shit I forgot Desaster. A Touch Of Medieval Darkness pwns you. Read Boris' review for it (if you can get M-A to stay up long enough that is!)