Help settle a Jasonic / Diabolik argument!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I had presented a RAGNAROKKR booking opportunity to ole Bobby here, and he said they would draw no more than 5 people.

I am indifferent about the band, but still think it would draw from a different crowd and expose the fest to different subgenres.

Anyhow, the band in question is CONFESSOR.

I will turn it over to you good people.
Just curious to what you think of them if you are familiar.

Be honest. I really don't care either way as I like what I have heard of them through the years, but don't consider myself a "fan" by any means. Just thought it might be a good booking for the fest.

I think they would draw attention from 1) more people and 2) a different crowd than who already has this fest on their radar. But the numbers wouldn't be huge. I would expect more than 5 additional people, but I wouldn't expect a huge amount. I'd assume that most fans of Confessor willing and able to travel have already locked in their MDF plans.

I may end up being biased here. I've tried liking this band and just can't. Maybe I need to try it one more time. Regardless though, it is my understanding that Confessor is REALLY under the radar, so I hate to do it but I'd have to agree with Bob's assessment for the most part. They may bring in a different kind of crowd but not many.

I may end up being biased here. I've tried liking this band and just can't. Maybe I need to try it one more time. Regardless though, it is my understanding that Confessor is REALLY under the radar, so I hate to do it but I'd have to agree with Bob's assessment for the most part. They may bring in a different kind of crowd but not many.

Hahaha, No need to apologize!
I love how siding with Bob is like siding with the "dark side"

Back in the day, all the Earache records fans (IE - the dudes I knew into Morbid Angel, Carcass, Napalm Death, Godflesh, etc,) all loved Confessor.

Just sayin' it might draw attention to some older fans who probably don't know any of the bands already on the bill.

I am certainly not suggesting this band would bring people by the hundreds.
Once again, when selecting bands for a fest, you have to think about how the band will fit into the overall package, and not just about how that band draws on its own.

So for example, would CONFESSOR along with another like-kind band on the bill make someone jump the fence and come?

Jason is probably right, but I'm not sure to what degree. Confessor is a band with serious underground credibility, and one that *should* bring some fans, but those fans might not come to an entirely traditional metal festival to see one legendary prog/doom band.

Confessor hold a very dear place in my heart and of course being NC...
I do not think they would have much of a draw either still I question if any of the bands will. A fest like this is solely relying on have all such bands together; don't think seperately they could do anything. So adding Confessor would not hurt or help but it would be pretty cool.

You hit the nail on the head!!!
Festivals are about the complete package.
As a complete package, the festival lineup is KILLER!!!

My only thought on CONFESSOR was that it might draw in some doom dogs.

You hit the nail on the head!!!
Festivals are about the complete package.
As a complete package, the festival lineup is KILLER!!!

My only thought on CONFESSOR was that it might draw in some doom dogs.

It might, I'm sure there are some midwestern doomsters that never really saw Confessor out that way much.
Now let's just make it even better and have Eric Wagner show up and do 'Last Judgment' with them. I can see it now; They play 'End Time' and towards the end of the song Eric walks on stage with a big fat joint, takes a drag then hands it to me, then Confessor follow into 'Last Judgment'

Indeed. After the four song Trouble-jam of awesome last year, I am stoked for The Skull to be at DOTD II this year.

And I'm going to get hammered for this, but I have never listened to Confessor... (>_>)