Help Wanted Canes Video Shoot!

ColKurz

New Metal Member
Nov 9, 2002
Lomita, CA
Visit site
Hello one and all! I am interested in doing a multi camera video shoot of the IronMaidens at the Canes show in San Diego.
Background: I have known Linda, off and on, since High School when she was in an all girl band called Andromeda. I used to play drums, occasionally and poorly, with Michelle Meldrum, and somehow ended up introducing them. Anyway, I like Phantom Blue, Meldrum, and love the Maidens. I have taped a couple of shows in the past (Paladino's 030102 and Kozmos 041302) for instance.
My goal is to get a couple of other video cameras, DV if possible, whatever if not, at the same show and then edit them together.
I'll save the technical stuff for later, well ok, here it is..
I have a Sony VX 2000 with Canon wide angle (WD58) which I plan to use on stage to get some of the crazy "action" shots.
I was hoping to get another camera mounted behind Linda aiming towards the crowd.
Then the third camera would be hand held by someone in the crowd who is willing to be conscious of framing and movement and get some wide shots as well as crowd shots and close ups.
Finally I would love to have a fourth camera getting a wide overall shot from back at the board op's location. This camera would also act as the master audio feed if we can get a decent mix line out from the board.
I will provide the tape if it is DV and I will get all the grip gear to set up the mounted cameras (I already have some Manfrotto grip gear).
We have some issues to consider, such as the 60 minute run time limit on the DV tapes (I don't plan on using LP mode), and lighting issues.
Ok, that is probably enough from me for now. If you are planning on being at this show and would be interested in assisting me with the project please post a message here or email me at rosenber@earthlink.net.

Hey Mike! Glad you made it to the boards! Hey, Mike Heenan would be the guy to talk to on this one! He's always video tapin all our stuff! He may make it out to this gig last I heard. (He lives in AZ!) Heenan, where are you?

Good question? Mike Heenan did email me, but alas he is not going to be able to make the show. I will probably still shoot it with my camera and hope that maybe some people show up with cameras who might be interested in cutting something together later, or at least meet some people who would be willing to do something later?
We are going to look for a motel nearby, maybe further east on HWY 8, as we have a horse show to shoot pics at Sunday morning in Del Mar.