Help with Microsoft Office XP please!

VultureCulture said:
[geek]that what you said about FAT is not quite correct... until microsoft won't release their specs for NTFS so that non-win users can read&write NTFS partitions as well, FAT32 still is and will be widely in use.
apart from that, i'd recommend win2000 over XP anytime. it has the same core, the same features, just eats up less memory, spies less on you and all that. not that's it the best OS, but definetely the best Microsoft has tried to build. [/geek]

@Dhatura, well, they said it all, you will need the CD.
[extrageek]Well, It is still widely in use yes, but mainly cuz most machines out there are still shitty and most people are not able to work with NTFS on other OS's (which is possible) or under DOS (even easier). I owe a new 64 bit processor and use 2003 server 64 bit edition on it and believe me, no fat would beat the new NTFS64 transfer speed and reliabilty. 2000 can also be a headache if you want to settle some kinds of networks but I won't start thah here...the best OS I've ever had (from Microsoft) is Windows XP VLK with a preinstalled SP1 (unbugged). FAT32 systems only allow you to use that old memory-eater kernel32 while all ntfs systems allow you to use the brand new kernel used in 2003 server or the 64 bit version of Longhorn (still on beta build). Anyway XP only spies on you if you're not careful, and everything can be tweaked. Also, try to play those brand new games under win2000 and you'll feel sorry everafter. Not that I'm a diehard gamer but it's true. Ok I'll cut the crap now...:ill:[/cutthecrap]

anyway if your problem with NTFS is that other os's cant use it then just stick to JFS or whatever the fuck it is that unix/linux/bolix uses. Hardly XPs problem

@ Achernar: I guess you might be right mate, but maybe there are some crack site out there who offer the missin components to download with crack and stuff. oh well:)

@Falcon - She'd need to download one of the SP's, and it's not absolutely certain it would work so I'd advise getting or downloading a copy of Office anyway. I can send you a copy of Office 2003 By mail if you want Dhatura. I'm still in a Christmas mood. :D

Achernar said:
@Falcon - She'd need to download one of the SP's, and it's not absolutely certain it would work so I'd advise getting or downloading a copy of Office anyway. I can send you a copy of Office 2003 By mail if you want Dhatura. I'm still in a Christmas mood. :D

Of course, of course! :hotjump:

That bloody Office 2003 is way too expensive, it costs as much money as a fucking plane ticket :/

But would you really send me one? :OMG:

Bambi said:
you'll most likely need the actual cd office XP was installed from. Best bet is probably take office XP off and go back to 2000 perhaps

Our mad policeman ran away with the install cd :/ :tickled:

My sister says she's not gonna call him to ask for it, which I sort of understand, hehe.

ah, and yous say to poor anathema-downloaders "thief" when ppl are getting a 10 times more expensive thing for free, huh?! :D
I think CD1 is enough for her its some hundreds of megabites..

I prefer NTFS too, e.g. it can handle bigger than 4gb files -which fat cannot- a good thing when someone copies DVDs..

Achernar said:
Yeah, Just PM me your address. Do you want the 5 CD edition? I only have the English edition though, no hungarian (even though I could manage to get that one too in some time). I'll send them to you if ye want.

This is just too much for me to cope with :p I pm-ed you.

Dora said:
ah, and yous say to poor anathema-downloaders "thief" when ppl are getting a 10 times more expensive thing for free, huh?! :D
I think CD1 is enough for her its some hundreds of megabites..

I prefer NTFS too, e.g. it can handle bigger than 4gb files -which fat cannot- a good thing when someone copies DVDs..

What do the 5 cd's contain?

Try To Get A Dvd Version Of Winxp. I 've Got One And It's Really Amazing!!!
Everything Is Automated Inclundind Winxp Pro+sp1+all Updates That Makes It Close To Sp2, Office Xp Full And Automated (you Don't Even Have To Crack It) And A Lot Of Usefull Latest Version Programs-all Preinstalled!!! I Do Not Exactly Know Where To Find One, It Came To My Hands By Luck And It's Really A Fucking Great Os Dvd Release!!!