help with tattoo

hmm... a friend of mine has tattoos all over his body, back, chest, stomach, arms, legs, foot (that upper part... blah, my English :rolleyes: ), he's not regretting putting any of those, he simply loves them. from what he told me, what helped a lot to live all the pain (unpleasant feeling would be a better description, from what he said) was to take few sedatives, or to smoke pot. dunno, tattoos can be nice, but he really looks like a fairy-tales book cover... :err:
I asked him once if he minds that people stare at his girlfriend's titts on the beach (topless, yes, you got that right!), he said, why would I? they never pay attn to her, they stare at me.... what an exciting life... :zzz:

Replying to a person above, I guess I am crazy, I have a huge Nevermore tattoo on my right shoulder and an Ankh on my left. I am waiting to get Sanctuary tattooed. I have known the band for 15 years, so 15 years down the road I will not regret it. Hell, this has lasted longer than any marriage I had! No regrets here.....proud is more like it. Knowing that when I die the biggest part of my life is written on me. Call me crazy for that, I'll take it. :)