Help with TC Konnect 6

blackbird

Toltec
Dec 9, 2005
nalbantov.com
Hi guys! Long time no see, but couldn't get much help elsewhere. I know this is the best place where I can find a PRO help.
And sorry for the not so organised post...It is hard to explain it well in English.

TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6 - I have a major problem.

When using it with Amp Sims , I'm getting a loud high pitched feedback. Microphonic feedback.
Even using my AKG240S headphones.
I want a loud sound when tracking with the AKG's.

If I lower the gain of the preamp and it hits -18 db in the meter and lowering the volume of the headphones control to 11 o'clock. It works almost fine.

But then the overall volume is low.
Another thing that I've found is, if I lower the big volume knob to zero / which is controlling the DAW level / It is lowering the high pitched feedback a little.

But I steel need to use a lot of noise-gate in my amp sims.
Using it with my Studio monitors I have the same problem. Yamaha NS10 and M-Audio AV40.

Tried different cables and guitars. Powered the interface with the power supply and only from the Firewire, But still the same. It happens with the two inputs.
Is it my TC device broken or there is some crosstalk btw the preamps and the output section? the inputs are retro-feeding itself..?

I've used M-Audio 410 in the past I never had such a problem. I was capable to crank it loud.

Also,
Do you hear a low recorded signal from the backing track in the DI guitar track, it is seems to be recorded from the pickups like a microphone....
Record at normal enjoyable levels with some high gain solo sound, make some pauses and then disengage the noise gate.
I'm using Guitar Rig 5. On the pauses I'm hearing the backing track....Man...
Is this a normal behaviour?
I haver noticed this with my M-Audio 410 before...

Any advice and help is VERY welcome! Just need your help and testing.

Currently working on my new album and now I'm in a depression.

Thanks,
Dimi