Helsinki gig cancelled

That`s very Sad for finnish ppl and for Mike to get that sickness, i hope he can recovery his health fast and soon ( im whit trhoat sickness too atm =( what a coincidence whit him!!!) and Opeth can play in Chile for 1st time.

Hi BTW im new here

Strange day yesterday...

I ran into Mikael while walking the dog yesterday morning (I live across the street from the original venue of the show in Helsinki)... he stumbles out of the tour bus, I'm thinking "No way..." so there I am bugging him while he's telling me he is sick and going to see the doctor.

So at least I got to talk to him for a second, even if under less than perfect circumstances.

Cynic was awesome. :D I waited 14 years to see them again. They changed the way I viewed music, and I was introduced to Opeth in 1997 by someone who thought I'd like them because I was a Cynic fan...

As for The Ocean... well... Cynic was awesome. :D

how much is the public transport to helsinki? damn, everyone saying its expensive, its scary.

well it depends where u r coming from in finland and whether u r a student or not, cuz students get 50% discount. but in general u can pay around 60€ for a train trip of 4-5 hours if u r not a student, only one way ofcourse.

well it depends where u r coming from in finland and whether u r a student or not, cuz students get 50% discount. but in general u can pay around 60€ for a train trip of 4-5 hours if u r not a student, only one way ofcourse.

thats expensive. -_-

When, I went to Helsinki last year to see Symphony X, it cost me 50€ (483km distance). It wasn't exactly a cheap trip for a less than 45 minute concert (DT was the main act).

I would have loved to see Cynic even though Opeth had to cancel. I've only heard good things about the gig. Well, I am going to see Opeth later next year in Oulu, which is nice.. Never seen them live before.

If the Stockholm-gig is cancelled tomorrow i will kill something. I wont be able to catch the swe-gigs in feb 'cause I wont be in sweden at that time.
This does not look good. :(

At least Mike wrote on his myspace that he was almost positive he was going to be able to play tomorrow. But yeah if he can't I'll be fucking pissed, even though I'll go to some show(s?) in februar.

*sigh* and here oneself have looked forward to this for so and so many months and of course I can't be able to have a peace of mind before any/this gig. =(