Henrik leaves Skyfire

To me 90% of the time the vocalist makes the band the band. Anyone can reconstruct the sound of a guitar or a keyboard. The vocals Cant be so hopefully it'll still sound good. But I dont think it'll ever really be the same without you. No offense to the band at all. Just for me Vocals make or break the band i.e. Iced Earth.

Anyone can reconstruct the sound of a guitar or keyboard if it's already been written... But if Iron Maiden had played without Dave Murray, you'd hear the difference. Maybe not in the riffs, but certainly in the solos.

Henrik did a great job and his contributions can't be devalued... but my opinion is that Skyfire has always been Andreas and Martin. Hell, they would still sound great with no vocals at all. Not as great perhaps, but they're the ones who write the music.

Iced Earth is a terrible example... There are few singers who can replicate Barlowe's style. But the market is flooded with people who sing in the style of Skyfire. Few who can do it as well as Henrik, but I don't think the situations can really be compared.

And, to be quite frank, anyone who listens to Skyfire for the vocals is insane.

But that's just my opinion.

And I also have to express interest in hearing what was already recorded. I feel like a little kid who walks into the diner and sees all the desserts behind glass and I know they're there, but that fucking glass! I can't get to them!

Im sorry to hear that henrik because you where an awsome vocalist,especialy on timeless departure,,as much as i am upset over the news i do respect your descision as it would not be right staying in a band like SKYFIRE when you dont burn for it anymore,it would't be authentic,good luck in your future and thank you to help make SKYFIRE possible it ment alot to me as does this band, im having less hope everyday that SKYFIRE will survive in this MEDIOCRE INFESTED MANUFACTURED ARTIST industry,such a shame as SKYFIRE is one of the best bands ever to EXSIST!! and it is criminal the way they are being treated,i look foward to the new album which feels like i have been waiting an eternity,i hope it will carry on from where SPECTRAL left off, so henrik... A VIACONDIOS :headbang: your an awsome vocalist :headbang: thank you :kickass: