? for the band: which came first?

neal

wizard in black
Dec 17, 2001
california
Visit site
so i was listening to the song 'skyfire' and i got to thinking. which came first? the band name (skyfire), the song name (skyfire) or the line from the song (..as if the sky was on fire)? did one of these inspire the other 2? or did it all kinda come together at once?
-neal

I guess I am the one who should answer that cause I´m responsible for the Skyfire band name and the lyrics in that song.
The bandname came first, then I wrote the lyrics based on that name and the Skyfire song was made! There is also a lyrical connection between "the final story" from the demo with the same name and the track Skyfire.
I think that is the whole story.

I think this will make some of you laugh... but here is a list with the different names Skyfire had over the years.
You´ll also find an indication of the style played at the moment.
Enjoy :)

1993: Morbid Demons (the bad days)
1993-1994: Dark Desires (the blackmetal days ;))
1994-1995: Crimson Tears (the strange days)
1995-1996: Fearful Loneliness (the soft days)
1996-????: Skyfire (the good days)

Originally posted by Grevén
I guess I am the one who should answer that cause I´m responsible for the Skyfire band name and the lyrics in that song.
The bandname came first, then I wrote the lyrics based on that name and the Skyfire song was made! There is also a lyrical connection between "the final story" from the demo with the same name and the track Skyfire.

I think this will make some of you laugh... but here is a list with the different names Skyfire had over the years.

Crimson Tears?! that's my bands name!

Originally posted by Grevén

haha cool. lets hope the good days last for another couple albums huh? cant wait for this new one. i been listening to these samples and just gettin pissed that i dont get to hear the rest till april. thats so fucked. you guys should go down to the record label and kick some asses. get that new one out to us in january!:devil:
-neal