here are some "fuck Dunkin Donuts" rationales

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
Dunkin' Donuts moved in next door to the ice cream/coffee shop where I work part-time, and so we closed our coffee and became just ice cream. This kind of sucks for me because I don't eat ice cream, so the only free shit I got from work was daily coffee on my way in to my full-time job. But, whatever. I can handle having to purchase coffee, and I can handle DD quality.

However, the problem with Dunkin' Donuts is that their workers fucking SUCK. They imported a bunch of them from other DD outlets rather that start afresh, and most of them have English problems to the degree that it fucks up service. Out of the 20 times I've been there, I've gotten the wrong order around 12-14 of them.

Samples:

* "Bagel with veggie cream cheese" transformed into "egg and cheese bagel (heard as "Bagel with egg and cheese", maybe?)

* THREE TIMES I have asked for a coffee and been given an iced coffee. Since when is the standard "coffee" at DUNKIN' DONUTS iced? One of those times, I ordered an "extra-large coffee", and the girl smiled and said, "We don't have!" I was like "uhh...you mean you're out of cups?" and she was like "We don't have!" and I looked over and saw the extra-large cups and was like "That? Can I have that?" and she was like "No! That is only for the hot coffee."

* Several times I've asked for NO SUGAR, gotten the coffee, added Splenda, gotten to work, and found out that it did, indeed have sugar in it and it was now nearly Greg-like in its sticky, inedible sweetness.

* Yesterday I asked for a latte and got an iced latte, which I didn't think existed.

* They continually run out of Splenda packets and when I ask for more, dole them out to me one at a time, so in order to get the four Splendas I want to add to my extra-large coffee, I have to act like a jackass and keep saying, "More. More. More."

I'm seriously going over there after work and demanded $2.05 for the super-sweet coffee I got today and couldn't drink, leaving me coffeeless all day at work.

alex, this is awful.

i've alluded to the fact that i subsist on this series of shitholes, and here i am confirming it.

but i've never had these problems, except for one guy who mistakenly put meat on my egg and cheese once or twice. i don't believe he is a native/english speaker, but they primarily employee importees around here, too, and these people are sharp. i'd probably make them partners in any business i owned, to be honest.

i also find the price differential interesting. large coffee here is 1.84 or so.

with tax an extra-large coffee is $2.05 on the way to work, but at the DD closer to my house in the other direction it's $1.98. weird.

very little is as aggravating as getting the wrong order. SO MANY TIMES i've had meals rendered inedible by the addition of mayonnaise or some other gross shit despite explicit instructions to the contrary. the worst part is you usually don't find out until it's too late to go back, so you're shit out of luck for lunch that day, or coffee, or whatever.

also i'm totally going to tell my stoughton friends that they eat pee.

YES.

i'm not going to get angry, just ask for my coffee replaced or my money refunded. if they're smart, they'll give me a new coffee because it will only cost them like 12 cents to do so.

the lame thing with the egg and cheese bagel was that when i said i wanted veggie-cream-cheese not egg-and-cheese they snatched it from me and threw it in the trash and got a new bagel. i would've eaten it rather than waste the food like that.

YES YES THEY DO!

the only problem i have with starbucks is that every time i go into this particular one they have to talk about my eyes. and since i dyed my hair, they talk about that too.

I think there are something like 3 or 4 starbucks within a block of my work, besides numerous other coffee places.

alex, I'd buy a french press and ground beans and just ask for hot water from now on.

wow i just looked at the DD site and coolattas have like so many calories and are so unhealthy!

also: i am still unsure of whether or not i think splenda is healthy. but i did try it in a coffee and it was fairly convincing.

since it's made from sugar and more concentrated i am like 99% sure it's more acid-forming for blood than regular sugar (which is sugar's BAD SIDE)