here's an actual music related post

Am I wrong for posting this kind of thread?

• Dude, what the hell is a music post doing here?

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Your taste in music sucks.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Museo Rosenbach - Zarasthura
Especially Likely Sloth - Panda Rescue
Arcturus - Sham Mirrors

Yep. I'm a Glenn Gould fanatic of sorts. I think it's awesome. For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to live in the far North - like long before I heard black metal bands singing their prases of the grimfrostychristraping winterrealms (I love it when black metal people just smush a bunch of words that should have spaces or commas between them together like that). Then I heard the Glenn Gould which I consider even more impetus to move North. Maybe just go to Montreal though because there's a strong modern classical scene there and that's the place where I find the highest concentration of rock music that I like (i.e. weird and technical metal).

I want to see if there's a good music school up there with people teaching the things I'm interested in. I want to see if I can go to Julliard for composition but that place is ridiculously hard to get into and there are a huge number of applicants. Then again, my favorite composer, Babbitt, teaches there and the former head of the composition dept at my school used to teach there and he liked my stuff at a lesson I had with him so maybe I should give it a shot. Babbitt's really old and probably won't be teaching much longer so if I want to go there, I better find a way to do it soon.

Musically speaking, I feel like I have no business being anywhere but New York or Canada. I've been thinking about trying to go to Stanford though because Ferneyhough teaches there and I'm really into his music as well.

This semester that I'm taking off will be used for regrouping and probably getting the hell out of Philly. The classical and jazz scenes here are kind of weak and there's a diminishing number of venues for rock bands that I'd be interested in to play at - especially if you're not some kind of indie or punk scenester. There's just no interest in "out" music here and I'm getting the feeling that I want to play guitar with people again but there's nobody good who's not already occupied with some other musical project that I can think of.

GG died the year I was born so I didn't even know who he was when he passed away although I think would have been pretty upset about it too.