Hessian Peel live recording

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Hello all, as you may know Opeth performed at the Metalrockfest in Lillehammer, Norway this weekend. I have recorded a few bits and am uploading the clips to youtube.

The first clip is "Hessian Peel" live. enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was pretty funny. I thought it was strange that they were playing the song so wacky, then when Mike burst out with that I lol'd. But before that I thought they were going to improvise during the whole song, which would've been awesome too!

Any translation for what Mike was saying to the crowd?

He so fooled me with that one :lol:
He's essentially saying that they will come back and play the whole song later. Which means awesome. He thanks the crowd.

To be honest, I felt that the band was on autopilot for the whole set except this part, Mikael seemed tired/not interested, which is a shame considering how many came solely for them. Personally I didn't mind, I've seen the guys before several times, and since my second favorite band My Dying Bride were heartcrushingly good it doesn't matter.

Considering I recorded (or rather, my girlfriend) these clips with a photo camera, the quality is quite good.

Fuck..they played "Serenity Painted Death" and I was there to go nuts. Weee! I'll upload a new clip now.

Here's my second clip, very short, it's the ending of the regular set (the end of "Heir Apparent").

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw them at Bloodstock this past weekend (they were fucking awesome of course) where they played the same bit of Hessian Peel. What a tease! I nearly soiled myself.

I saw them at Bloodstock this past weekend (they were fucking awesome of course) where they played the same bit of Hessian Peel. What a tease! I nearly soiled myself.

Tell me about it. Me and my friends had to go back to tent and listen to the track just to get over the way they teased us :(