Hey Glenn... bands 11 & 12 (ProgPower IX)

II and VII.:)

The order is:

VI
IV
III
V
VIII

So there was a peak between III-VI, which not uncoincidentally featured headliners making US debuts. VII and VIII don't really feature that kind of drawing power, although there's no questioning the quality and depth of this year's roster.

The festival will be a success for a long time due to your marketing brilliance and drive to make it better every year, as well as the dedication of your fanbase. But that peak period is not something that can ever be duplicated. What I've been getting at in this thread is that your constant efforts to improve the festival are motivated by the fact that you have to work harder every year to bring the same level of excitement and buzz.

Hey.. I dig that numerical system.. :) Once you get the jist of it, I, V, X,L, M - and the order, it's pretty simple...

let's here it for the Romans and those aqueducts - they could flood the Coliseum!!! hehehe

NO disrespect, I'm a little thankful VII didn't completely sell out - I was able to attend my first one because of it...

1. It's all about moving forward and not taking things for granted in the business. Once you establish a superior product, you want to stay on top. I decided to go early on the bookings this year because I want to pick the bands *I want.* I don't want to pick the bands that Barfest, Powerfest, Texasfest, Nathanfest, Joeblowthinkshecandobetterfest, etc, etc. did not pick. I went to 12 also because the demand for slots from bands is higher than ever. If a band is willing to meet me within my budget, then I figure why not? The fans win and I win in the long run from continued loyalty.

2. It will be on a year to year basis provided it goes smooth next year.

3. With the way prices are rising for headline bands, I'm rather certain that the idea will be scrapped.
Glenn, you could double the ticket prices for a Best Of PPUSA X roster if the right bands were featured, and still get away with a sell-out! I know I'd pay double to see acts like Halford, Dickinson, HammerFall, and the like.:headbang: