HEY GUYS CAN WE GET AN ALBUM UPDATE?

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
I hope Erik reads this, or someone from the band and can throw us a bone, I haven't seen anything official regarding the album put out since March. When can we expect it to be released, I've heard December... and can we expect to hear Simen singing that song he spoke of 'My Domain'? Any other relevant news to report? Anything would be appreciated!

An example of the things I would to know:

Did Simen do that song or contribute to the album in any way?
How many songs can we expect to see on the album?
Approximately when will it be released?

Etc...

Thanks!

Well I figured that, I heard December 2009 was the approximate release date... but I see, maybe I am just jumping the gun. All I will say is PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bug Simen to do that song. Get Jens to drag his ass into the studio! I mean he sounded so enthusiastic about the song I think it needs to be done. So yeah, sorry if I was bugging too soon for an update but make sure you get that mofo to contribute to the record.

The release of the new album will be very late after all... I though the release will be done for january or february, but to wait till June or July is more realistic.

I hope Simen sings on 'My Domain' (or any another song) too. I liked the way Mr V sung on 'Enterprise' so I hope he will do a fantastic job now.

Vortex is great stuff but I think the band has moved on at this point. If both sides wanted to get him in for a song, it would get done, but the fact that we only have some chatter to go on at this point means that we should expect Borky to record without him, and maybe while the album is being produced Vortex will come along for the ride. For one song, that is.

I just want him for the one song at least, the one he was excitedly talking about doing "My Domain". But I know he is busy and from his own words lazy so it might take a bit of pestering from the Borknagar camp to get him in the studio, or maybe not who knows. I'm praying he at least does the one song, make guests on a few more tracks since the Code thing fell through but I'm not expecting a feature length with him.

Ok person before Joe, no.

Get Simen's lazy ass in it. It'll be worth it so your next album will be ten times better. He's not in code anymore, just drag him there. It's not like it's far to go. Get em there, one freaking day of recording, and have him knock it out.

Do this, and I will get a Borknagar tattoo.

Well, we haven't started recording yet. I think we're going to start in late January or something.

Øystein G. Brun;7743811 said:
Don't worry! News will be issued soon.....

Great! :headbang:

I was hoping for a January release, but since the band hasn't started the recording I'd say July will be more realistic. Anyway, it's better to do that than a rushed job. It's only been two years since Origin (it'd be 3 if it's released in '09), so I guess it's better than waiting 8 years (Testament, anyone? :rolleyes: ). Still, many people don't consider Origin a "real" album (I loves it even though it's a bit short), so well it'd be 5 years since Epic.

So well, I can't bloody wait!!! :headbang:

Borknagar! Borknagar! Borknagar! :headbang::kickass:

With their current sound, I really can't hear Vortex doing vocals.... Vintersorg's are perfect for the style...

It's been stated by Oystein several times this album will be more in vein of the first four.

Also, My Domain was a such written a long time ago which is why Vortex wanted to be on it.