HEY GUYS CAN WE GET AN ALBUM UPDATE?

It would be really sweet if both Vortex AND Garm would have guest performances on the new Borknagar album. Garm once said he's done with metal music, but it's pretty obvious that he's still involved in it (Head Control System, Solefald, Ihsahn, V:28). Then we would have an album featuring world's 4 best singers!

What about Lars? Did he just want to look different?

I think he had it cut for his job, if I'm not mistaken he worked as a reporter for some Norwegian tv show.

My name is for real JF Ryland and yes I have rejoined the norse horde on full time basis.
Last time I talked to Simen he was in Canada, but think it's been a week already. Don't think it will be nessessary to pay him anything to do guest vocals on a song if we find it suitable.

Welcome to the forum! :headbang:

How do you know we're friends anyway?

Fan stalking. You have to understand, we're all fanboys/groupies here :p . Hail Bork and its loyal fanbase at UM! :lol:

Garm, Vintersorg and Vortex all in one album would be freakin epic.

I think "epic" falls short to be honest. There are no words to describe how us Bork/Mr.V/Ulver (etc. etc.) fans would feel.

It'd be something huge, really. Even Jesus might try to return to stop it due to its awesomeness :lol: .

My name is for real JF Ryland and yes I have rejoined the norse horde on full time basis.
Last time I talked to Simen he was in Canada, but think it's been a week already. Don't think it will be nessessary to pay him anything to do guest vocals on a song if we find it suitable. How do you know we're friends anyway?

He said in an interview that you guys were best friends. But yeah, if you can try to talk to him about doing the older songs. I mean when I met him in Toronto, I had a backstage pass and we sat down together for an hour or so just talking about random things and we started talking about an old video he saw of himself on Youtube in Borknagar and we laughed then he started talking about Borknagar and how there was some material he'd like to do with them and he sounded excited. He might not need any coercing but if he does, you're the best man for the job I'm sure :D Glad to see you here though! Hope we can keep you entertained when you're bored enough to log on :p

Eh, they both have their strong points and weaknesses. Out of the 2, I prefer Vortex, but when it comes to any vocalist at all, Garm is king.

Garm sounds the same in every band. No offense to him, but with the exception of the later stuff in Arcturus... Early Bork, Arcturus and Ulver stuff all sounds the same vocally. Out of the three Garm is my least favourite, then Andreas and then Simen is at number one. But whatever, this kind of debate can go on for ages it's just a matter of opinion, the main thing is that hopefully we can see the appearance of Simen on at least 1 song on the new album.

Garm sounds the same in every band. No offense to him, but with the exception of the later stuff in Arcturus... Early Bork, Arcturus and Ulver stuff all sounds the same vocally. Out of the three Garm is my least favourite, then Andreas and then Simen is at number one. But whatever, this kind of debate can go on for ages it's just a matter of opinion, the main thing is that hopefully we can see the appearance of Simen on at least 1 song on the new album.

Garm is very diverse. And he did peak at Sham Mirrors. But he's also a hack that needs his vocal processing and heavy auto tuning.

If Garm and Simen make some guest appearances, they could record something together like Masters Of Disguise or Painting My Horror :p

Garm is very versatile...On Aspera Hiems Symfonia sounds different than Bergtatt, different than the Borky's S/T and TOD; Kveldsjanger and Nattens Madrigal are different from all the rest...LMI is the most bizarre Garm performance and The Sham Mirrors was his best IMO on Arcturus (also different from all done at the date by him), so how can he sound 'the same' on all of them???

A song with Vortex, Mr V and Lars is too damn heavenly to believe it. (BTW I'm still thinkin on the urban legend about 'Mr V/Vortex Collosus version'...That's true or it's just a bad joke???)