hey how would i get a black metal style sound?

holyme

i dont have a midi system
May 6, 2006
hawaii
i dont want to copy anyone i just want to learn how to do the death metal shreek can anyone tell me how i could learn to do that. and another thing is when i sing normal how can i make to were i dont sound so majorly flat

i want to throw together a black metal band here in hawaii and i play keyboards and i know a good guitarest but we know no vocolists

holyme said:
i dont want to copy anyone i just want to learn how to do the death metal shreek can anyone tell me how i could learn to do that. and another thing is when i sing normal how can i make to were i dont sound so majorly flat
i thought you want to do black metal not death metal. anyway getting the black metal shriek is easy. i couldnt explain. dont worry if you "sound flat" who could give 2 shits about being on key and whatnot. let it come naturally.

The typical black metal style is generally easier than death metal style, so you have that going for you. Practice, and record yourself to see your progress. Even a cell phone would work for this, so you should have no trouble. Check out the musician's forum for some detailed, very good advice.

MasterOLightning said:
The typical black metal style is generally easier than death metal style, so you have that going for you. Practice, and record yourself to see your progress. Even a cell phone would work for this, so you should have no trouble. Check out the musician's forum for some detailed, very good advice.

hell record with an answering machine. its about time black metal bands get back to raw sound production. always avoid clean sounding production if you do black metal.

Consuming Impulse said:
i thought you want to do black metal not death metal. anyway getting the black metal shriek is easy. i couldnt explain. dont worry if you "sound flat" who could give 2 shits about being on key and whatnot. let it come naturally.
sorry i miss typed this is why i usually dont go on the comp when suffering from a sinco de mayo hangover

Amarantus said:
Hmm, last time I was in Hawaii the metal population was two. My friend and I. Where the fuck have you been?
well i aint that old and the metal population has grown massivly but the majority of it like that nu metal junk and slipknot whom i wont even dub metal because i hate there gay stuff so much

to much of this :kickass: and alittle of :headbang: gets this :puke: so dont go doin this wile singing black metal it just makes you look bad

holyme said:
PADDY says drink strong beer and smoke big cigars like i do my good good friend :kickass: :Smokin:

metal paddy said:
PADDY says drink strong beer and smoke big cigars like i do my good good friend :kickass: :Smokin:

that or make a habit of screaming alot and when you fuck up your voice a little then i think you would sound like varg when you scream. he's my favorite black metal voice.

Consuming Impulse said:
that or make a habit of screaming alot and when you fuck up your voice a little then i think you would sound like varg when you scream. he's my favorite black metal voice.
thanks both you and paddy

How to sound black metal?

Unplug your bassist, record in a tin shed and torture squirrels.

(while dressed in a loin cloth, waving a $1.35 wood axe about and wearing moms make up).

Basically just screach alot and put some vocals in the shrieking. It's not that hard to do a basic Black Metal screach. If you want to do the Melodic Black Metal or Symphonic Black Metal though... a lil more difficult. I'm still working on that (untill then I'll just play bass for my Punk/Screamo/HXC/Goth band).