hey how would i get a black metal style sound?

dont do melodic black metal or symphonic black metal and remember have poor sound quality on your records. get your influences from darkthrone, burzum,OLD OLD OLD behemoth, mayhem, bathory, sodom (in the sign of evil only), celtic frost, and venom ONLY. thats if you wanna be good.

ive gotten a pretty decent sounding scream now ive been recording my progress since i posted this and its turned out quite well thanks to all of you and you PADDY because PADDY is awsome

holyme said:
ive gotten a pretty decent sounding scream now ive been recording my progress since i posted this and its turned out quite well thanks to all of you and you PADDY because PADDY is awsome

did you make sure you have what people call "crappy" sound quality?

it jsut sounds good on my recorder to me so i think its good my recorder is the junk type that can barly record it so it makes it decent because i like raw recording listin to debauch they have the worst recording but its really good music not the one in the mainland the hawaii based one

holyme said:
it jsut sounds good on my recorder to me so i think its good my recorder is the junk type that can barly record it so it makes it decent because i like raw recording listin to debauch they have the worst recording but its really good music not the one in the mainland the hawaii based one

good. if your making music, what does it sound like it?

Consuming Impulse said:
dont do melodic black metal or symphonic black metal and remember have poor sound quality on your records. get your influences from darkthrone, burzum,OLD OLD OLD behemoth, mayhem, bathory, sodom (in the sign of evil only), celtic frost, and venom ONLY. thats if you wanna be good.
sorry man im melody/symphonic all the way because i can play that type of stuff easy on the keys

it sounds awsome my stuff isnt the best though i still need a drummer ours moved and our guitarest and bassist are about to go to collage so i need a new band overall

the thing that makes me mad is alot of nu metal bands go off and try to make a trashy black metal voice like say unholy confessions by a7x my scream is just barly getting better and it sounds better then them