Hey, I'm new and looking for some metal recommendations!

Kassadin

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hey guys, I've only recently started digging metal (and if this happens to be in the wrong section or something feel free to fix it.)

I'm not sure if all these bands count as "metal metal" so to speak to everyone, but I really like nu metal/alternative metal bands like Flyleaf, Breaking Benjamin, Incubus, The Deftones, Mudvayne, Crossfade (according to Google crossfade is alt metal) and Linkin Park (there old music)

Does anyone have any recommendations on what they think I'll like according to this taste?
Thanks so much!

Hi there.

Pretty much none of that is Metal (to my ears anyway) but I'm sure people will still be happy to give you some recommendations based on those bands.

Here's a few.

To someone like myself? I'd say they're all Rock bands with varying degrees of Metal influence, some with none at all. Might explain why none of them are listed on MetalArchives.com I guess.

The Deftones are probably the closest to being a full on Metal band out of the bunch, Adrenaline to me comes quite close to being Sludge Metal.

To someone like myself? I'd say they're all Rock bands with varying degrees of Metal influence, some with none at all. Might explain why none of them are listed on MetalArchives.com I guess.

The Deftones are probably the closest to being a full on Metal band out of the bunch, Adrenaline to me comes quite close to being Sludge Metal.

Ah! I understand now. So alternative metal isn't actually really metal but more alternative rock? or would these bands classify as just hard rock?
I hate not being able to categorize things haha.