Hey Matt, random question...

Killerah

Sep 28, 2005
What kind of church do you go to? I was just listening to your lyrics and thinking how you seem to have a much better grasp on the gospel than most other Christian musicians I've heard.

Compliments for making such a decision, there should be no differences since we are of the same faith, not religion.

That's kind of the way my dealings with church have been, I went to baptist churches for a while and now I'm in a Calvary Chapel. Not really because I prefer it doctrinally or anything, it's just in the town I'm living in they're the only ones I've seen who have a real heart for the gospel.

Sort of the same thing for me...it wasn't an intentional choice as much as we happened to like the church because they're actually clear and simple on the gospel (a rarity these days) and we like the people.

After being in quite a few churches, one thing you fill find in Calvary Chapel, is a level headed consistency. One thing they do, that after many years of missing the mark in other churches, is read the word faithfully and verse by verse. I can't stress enough how important that is.

Definitely, expository preaching is one of the most important things I look for in a church.

Another question came to my mind that I've been meaning to ask you as well Matt. Who is that preacher that you have clips of during The Serpent's Kiss? I've always wondered if he was your pastor or something.