Hey, whered my DMT thread go!

I was being sarcastic...

EDIT: The price is insanely inflated, as the demand is high enough to warrant it. Legalizing it would make prices plummet - killing off organized crime as well as reducing the amount of theft necessary to fund habits - so I don't think that argument would help. People don't avoid heroin and speed because they're illegal (especially the ones who smoke pot), they avoid them because they do fucked up shit to anyone who gets near them. END EDIT

Drugs and alcohol are no excuse for violent behavior - we have violence and theft from the sober and peace from junkies. If people can't handle themselves when on drugs then they should be prosecuted for their actual crimes.

Alcohol can do insane things to people, but we don't see it banned - and do you remember why?

The main point is that we're only making the real problems - gang wars, theft for drug funding, et cetera (not to mention tons of problems abroad from countries like Colombia and Afghanistan whose economies have a huge hit coming from cocaine and opium, respectively, and who would be unbelievably better off without drug lords running everything) - worse. I think that legalizing those 'hard drugs' would reduce a lot of problems, and make other problems much more manageable. If people are stumbling around or causing fights while drunk, we toss them in the drunk tank - do you really think nothing would be done for public nuisances on any other substance?

I guess I'm coming from a different perspective - I'm not sold on the whole interfering-with-others'-behavior-in-any-respect-not-directly-harmful-to-me aspect of government, so I'd rather handle problems like violence and theft on their own than try to blame problems on substances and pretend that criminalizing them will accomplish something. When we ban the hard drugs we bring about problems with organized crime both here and abroad, the best thing we can do is learn to deal with cokeheads and speed freaks the same way we deal with drunks - lock them up if they cause problems, try to get people to either keep control or be controlled if they're a threat to anyone. You can't leave something like alcohol legal with all of the hell it 'causes' and then hold concerns like that for other drugs. Doesn't fucking work that way.

Jeff

agreed!

Helllllooooo bullshit. This is one of those times you should probably stop talking, as it is obvious you are clueless about the facts of this issue.

yes

And this is the best part right here, that the government believes it has the right to tell us what we can and cannot ingest, let alone a substance our body already naturally creates.
It is everyone's right to have control over their body. The constitution guarantees it, and thus habeas corpus exteends to whatever the fuck you want to shoot in your own body. Conservative and liberal faggots who think the government has that right should die!

Scientific theories aren't defined quite like you think.

The word theory has a number of distinct meanings in different fields of knowledge, depending on their methodologies and the context of discussion.

In science, a theory is a mathematical or logical explanation, or a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation. It follows from this that for scientists "theory" and "fact" do not necessarily stand in opposition. For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behaviour are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and general relativity.

In common usage, the word theory is often used to signify a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation. In this usage, a theory is not necessarily based on facts; in other words, it is not required to be consistent with true descriptions of reality. This usage of theory leads to the common statement "It's not a fact, it's only a theory." True descriptions of reality are more reflectively understood as statements which would be true independently of what people think about them. In this usage, the word is synonymous with hypothesis.

----

In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it can in everyday speech. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from or is supported by experimental evidence (see scientific method). In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations, and is predictive, logical, and testable. As such, scientific theories are essentially the equivalent of what everyday speech refers to as facts. In principle, scientific theories are always tentative, and subject to corrections or inclusion in a yet wider theory. Commonly, a large number of more specific hypotheses may be logically bound together by just one or two theories. As a general rule for use of the term, theories tend to deal with much broader sets of universals than do hypotheses, which ordinarily deal with much more specific sets of phenomena or specific applications of a theory.

Kiss my ass, misuser of the scientific term for theory!

And it better not be because of the ledmag/Shpongled cat fight, there was other good stuff in that thread.
Someone's got some 'splainin to do.

Oh yeah, what cha gonna do about it if it was big guy? Huh, huh. I said...HUH?

Shut up and join the deleted thread club along with shpong and I. Youll get your official club badge in the mail in 7 to 10 days.

And this is the best part right here, that the government believes it has the right to tell us what we can and cannot ingest, let alone a substance our body already naturally creates.

Ohh, and using the argument that legalizing drugs will cause more addiction and crime is pure bullshit speculation and is unfounded. There is way to much nonsense in this thread being seemingly passed off as "facts." Do your homework children.

maybe i'm just exposed to the wrong thing but all of the heroin addicts *about 10 of them* at my school steal and mug people to support their habit while only 1 of the pot smoking kids do and remember these aren't poorly brought up kids, they're in a fucking suburb where its not hard to get your own money from parents. i don't understand how it seems like speculation when its pretty obvious if you've ever done coke/heroin or know someone who has. it takes over your body more than any other drug, you may not be tripping or out of it, but it has complete control over your mind and to think that someone is thinking rationally enough when they're out of money and need another dose and won't steal is ludicrous, but whatever you're so smart and anticonformist to the government that you believe they can let you do whatever you want, go anarchy :rolleyes:

Consider how many people steal to pay for their smokes.

If you legalize the drugs like heroin (I know plenty of people who dropped heroin but couldn't quit fucking smoking, go figure) the price goes down tremendously. Cigarettes are taxed to fuck and back, and they're still affordable. Hell, get a bag of some good cocaine and blow it (no pun intended) in a couple of days... and for the same amount of money you could've just bought a box of fucking good cigars. How many people steal for smokes and booze? These 'hard drugs' have artificially inflated prices due to the war on drugs (and, as a result, greater profit margins for the lords - and then more motivation to push them on people) and if you drop that the price will plummet.

Jeff

Consider how many people steal to pay for their smokes.

If you legalize the drugs like heroin (I know plenty of people who dropped heroin but couldn't quit fucking smoking, go figure) the price goes down tremendously. Cigarettes are taxed to fuck and back, and they're still affordable. Hell, get a bag of some good cocaine and blow it (no pun intended) in a couple of days... and for the same amount of money you could've just bought a box of fucking good cigars. How many people steal for smokes and booze? These 'hard drugs' have artificially inflated prices due to the war on drugs (and, as a result, greater profit margins for the lords - and then more motivation to push them on people) and if you drop that the price will plummet.

Jeff

i just can't convince you guys even though the fact is the addiction is a lot more intense than cigarettes. cigarettes from what i've seen are more of a mental addiction so someone who had a problem with that would have a major problem with cocaine and someone who didn't would have a problem with heroin, whatever. the bottom line i feel is if you ever want any drugs legalized you need to reach a compromise, no one is going to be for legalizing all drugs but if you go for the ones that make sense its possible that sometime in the future maybe people could wake up and see a lot of drugs aren't that bad and be more interested in legalizing some of them for the benefits they would have. and now i'm dropping this topic.

edit: i also wanted to add that the reason you've known people that couldn't drop cigarettes but could drop heroin is probably also the fact that cigarettes are available everywhere and looking at you everywhere while with heroin you'd have to go to a dealer and you don't just see it sitting in the store when you buy your groceries, if it was legalized it would be that way and would make people have an even tougher time kicking addiction.

See... saying something is the case isn't the same as proving it. It's not like I'm just pulling a random assertion out of my ass and pretending it's the truth. Go to a fucking college campus and you can't say that hard shit isn't pretty readily available.

Oh, and by the way I'm going to be that oddball that you don't think exists - I'm for legalizing everything because I think the drug war is making it worse.

EDIT: Let's play source-the-statement... http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html

Jeff

See... saying something is the case isn't the same as proving it. It's not like I'm just pulling a random assertion out of my ass and pretending it's the truth. Go to a fucking college campus and you can't say that hard shit isn't pretty readily available.

Oh, and by the way I'm going to be that oddball that you don't think exists - I'm for legalizing everything because I think the drug war is making it worse.

EDIT: Let's play source-the-statement... http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html

Jeff

Your the only one proving anything in this thread. The proof being in your avatar....your mouth is really big, and your ugly. You know what you could stuff in your mouth to shut it dont you? Oh you dont....a big fat COCK.

Your the only one proving anything in this thread. The proof being in your avatar....your mouth is really big, and your ugly. You know what you could stuff in your mouth to shut it dont you? Oh you dont....a big fat COCK.

the world would be a better place without you! it really would. Some the advantages of you not existing include: less oxygen consumption, less carbon dioxide emitions, and more importantly less idiots and assholes in the world!

the world would be a better place without you! it really would. Some the advantages of you not existing include: less oxygen consumption, less carbon dioxide emitions, and more importantly less idiots and assholes in the world!

Oh really? lets see, if you did not exist......Children would be safe, your mom wouldnt have those terrible stretch marks, your dads ass would be safe when he passes out drunk on his stomach.

Shall I continue? Because I can, i really can. I can fill the board up with your name.....just let me know FRIEND.

Oh really? lets see, if you did not exist......Children would be safe, your mom wouldnt have those terrible stretch marks, your dads ass would be safe when he passes out drunk on his stomach.

Shall I continue? Because I can, i really can. I can fill the board up with your name.....just let me know FRIEND.
go ahead! Thus far you only entertained me! Now lets see how angry can i make you, will you call the cops again if threaten to lunch nuclear bison semen in your general direction? Please do, so some cop laughs at you while eating a cheap greasy McDonald's burger, while you cry to him about getting stripped of your honor on the internet.

ow goodness. you think i ever get pissed off around here? Its all part of the act dip shit. Get with the program....

for your information, my mother was considering speaking with the C. A. on HER threats....you threaten me, ill get you a fucking plane ticket to my back yard motherfucker hahahahahahahha