Hey

I just listened to some TSO. They seem to really like christmas & Beethoven. They can play some decent sounding melodic classic music. I like how the front man Paul O' Neill describe music to be an art form because that's how I always thought about music.

Alot of Syx songs took me a while to get used to, just keep listening. Divine Wings is still probably their most interesting and technical out of everything so if you get a chance to hear it, dont pass that up.

Rose Immortal said:
So far, I only own V and The Odyssey...I haven't found the others available in stores yet, although I intend to do some shopping very soon!
You can always purchase direct from the band's site. This would save you the time of searching the stores ;)

Glenn

magnificent melody said:
I just listened to some TSO. They seem to really like christmas & Beethoven. They can play some decent sounding melodic classic music. I like how the front man Paul O' Neill describe music to be an art form because that's how I always thought about music.

Would you like to go to the performance this December with me? I want to go, but i can't find anyone to go with. Its on Decemeber 27th at Madison Square Garden.

I just started listening to beethoven's last night and think it's briliant. I would go with you, but I live on the other side of the country. Too bad, sounds like an awesome time. By the way welcome to the board, magnificent melody, I'm fairly new too.

WhoFooldU said:
You can always purchase direct from the band's site. This would save you the time of searching the stores ;)

Glenn

Thanks...though I DO have some good news today: I found The Divine Wings of Tragedy! This now runs a very close second to V (which I'll always love for its conceptual scope), and "The Accolade" is probably now my favorite individual Symphony X song of all time. :)

I only wish I had started Symphony X with "The Accolade"! What's even funnier is, I went home to visit my parents and I played that song for them today, and they liked it too. According to them, Russell Allen sounds just like the lead singer for Journey. But then, they haven't heard any of the louder songs yet. ;)