Hi, I'm new here... but I saw Derrick Ramirez last night....

Curufin

Kind of a big deal...
Aug 19, 2002
Nottingham, NH, USA
www.curufin.com
Hi all :D

Last night I was at my job (Movie Theaters) at the front door tearing tickets. I noticed a guy and a girl come in who had that Power-Metal aura about them. After i tore their tickets and they were walking away, I noticed that the woman was wearing a Dimmu Borgir jacket. Well I'm not really into black and death metal all that much, but I do enjoy some of Dimmu Borgir's stuff.

Later, as I was cleaning some stuff off, the couple walked by again, and my friend (who is also a fan of Dimmu Borgir) said, "Hey, nice jacket," to the woman. She asked us if we liked Dimmu Borgir, and we said "Yeah" and then the guy said "Yeah, we just got back from seeing them in Europe." I then asked him how he liked it and why he was over there in Europe. He responded by saying his band was touring with them. That had me taken aback when i heard it, so i inquired as to what band he's in, and he said. "Dragonlord - I'm the bassist." And I was really astounded. I haven't heard any of Dragonlord's stuff, but I've heard of them before, and i had been halfway tempted to pick up their CD before. I'm sure you can imagine my surprise at seeing someone like that where you would least expect it.

Now, my question is: Does Derrick live somewhere near San Francisco? I've been wondering why he would come to the movie theater in Vallejo, because there's really nothing to do here. It was all just a cool experience and kinda makes you realize that indeed it is a small world after all.

:D

No we did not play w/ DIMMU BORGIR!
It's more like we drank the whole backstage area w/ them
at the Wacken Open Air Festival in Germany w/ them!

Hey, was the girl w/ him wearing a long sleeve DIMMU black sweatshirt?
w/ large white Penatgram on back?

~E~