Saw G3 last night

Iced In Flames

Shredderite
Jan 26, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
Satch, Vai and Malmsteen. So much talent how can ya not wanna see it?

Well couldnt leave work any earlier than 4:30 so after picking up my friend and wandering thru Chicago forever. Goddamn rule about no trucks on Lake Shore!!
We got there at 7:35. Parked in a strip mall and went in to see Yngwie finishing his last song. So I was pissed since I've never seen him. So we walked all over trying to find a spot and the place was fucking PACKED. So we went to the floor and stood behind everyone. Couldnt see a goddamn thing.

So Vai comes on. He played a pretty good set. Didnt know any of the songs cept the last one, For The Love Of God. Sounded awesome. Would have been cool if I saw anything he played but all I saw was people heads.

Satch came on. He was much better than I thought. Played Crystal Planet, and Summer Song, and I think Flying In a Blue Dream. Dunno the rest. His music is better than Vai's but I think Steve is better technically.

So then they jammed at the end. Yngwies song was Voodoo Child, Steve's was Little Wing, and Satch had Keep On Rocking In The Free World by Neil Young. All of those kicked ass.

Yngwie sucessfully twirled his guitar aound himself about 45 times during each song and mangaging to throw his guitar into the air about 2 whole feet. Really impressive...... yaaay...... <-- sarcasm...
Yngwie somehow managed to disguise himself as a full tub of butter for Halloween. Or so I hoped. He looked fucking awful!! Same nasty hair and a gay jacket with shoulder pads showing way too much pizza man breasts.
All in all a good show tho.

So I go outside to find that my truck has been towed. After an hour and a half of walking arounf Lawrence and Clark streets in the rain and a 40/40 degree night I finally find the place. How funny. All the cars that were towed from the lot ALL had Indiana plates. Wow. How very odd indeed. They said it was parked on private property. when I asked why people from Illinois who went to the shows cars were still there they didnt reply.
So I had to pay a small small fee of $150 to get my truck. what the FUCK!
In a city with no parking, you finally get a spot and get towed for being out of state. Its rediculous and I'm notifying the beaureu or whatever on my "bill"

So I finally got home jsut before 2:30 am and I had to get up at 7 for work this morning. I would have been better off keeping my rediculous $45 for the ticket and not being charged $150 and I wouldnt be all pissed of and tired!!

Lesson.... dont drive to Chicago....