Hi

Oyo knows all.. neh? to bad Tupac didnt say that.. gj, way to suck. vet.

Dctor said my idiot switch wouldnt flip to the 'OFF' posistion :(

Haha, i like the new-b :D

And btw growing up with bands like brujeria i think N.W.A. was some serious stuff, crazy fucks back then i just wish most rap today was like that it would be a completly different thing.

Originally posted by Dough
how so? plz explain.

gladly ....i'll use just general rap, the basic stuff i've picked up from rappers and the rap i've heard.

1- the lyrical content - In lyrical contewnt most rap is overwhelmingly pathetic (notice i said most, not all...but a rather large margin), the ability to progress further then Ice, Bling Bling, Bithces and Hoes,"niggas", spliffs and drugs in general, shootouts and telling you who they are seems to have gotten lost over the years. Now i know that SOME of the old school and underground doesn't talk about that, however generally they will lean onto that side as well gradually .....hence, Rap gets dumber and dumber every year when it comes to lyrics :lol:

2- the instrumental side of rap - "instruments ? where? whazzat yo ? let's get outta heaaa... " ....fucking rap really pisses me off in this department, i realize there is again SOME artists who play instruments (the roots), but those artist are often few and far between ....and often i also noticed they don't even appeal to the general rapper... What i see most of the times is just the same beats and same computer generalted crap just being recycled over and over and over again, only slightly modified.

3- The Attitude - ....yah ok ... i get it allready, you have lotsa bling , fuck off. And fucking take your pants out of your socks you look like and idiot. (which leads us to the next point)

4- The trends - holy fuck! what will they come up with next ??? first it was the napkins , then it went onto the pants-to-your-knees trend, then the EVEN BIGGER NAPKIN which has these thingys that let you tie em up nice and neat :rolleyes: ...then the Pants into the socks shit ...hahaha...ok ..moving on. latest trends i see - half braided hair , and upside-down visors

5- rapping- It's not a freaking hard as they make you believe .....and they're getting worse and worse anyhow ....

6- langueage - YOU SPEAKA THE ENGLISH??????

that's not all.... but it's all i had on my mind for the time being .... now, I'm just generalizing what i see from day to day going to a pretty much all rap oriented school at the heart of Toronto .... nothing appealing

so... is that why they sell a lot of records? I know what you are thinking "They are just mindless idiots with no sense of music at all" right? Well, I dont ONLY listen to rap.. I dont listen to Opeth, or anyone like that.. but I dont only listen to rap. :p

Btw, I agree with 99% of your points.. expect the "Do they speak english!?" Anyone who cant understand them is retarded. Even if they have no music talent, dont play insturments.. it is still good to listen to.

welcome....by the way I love some rap and hip hop

Outkast
UGK
Wu-Tang
Grave Diggaz
Busta Rhymes
N.W.A.
Eazy E
Too Short
Eightball & MJG
Three 6 Mafia
KRS 1
The Roots
Master P (yea baby)
Tru
Gangsta Pat
...............................and on and on........:cool:

Welcome to the board!!

You've already gained my approval (which should be your #1 priority) - cause you have an open mind, and you've made for some amusing reading. :)

Yay Dough-boy!!! :Smokin:

welcome to the board Dough, it's good to see a rap-fan (sorry if i said that wrong) interested in this music

well when i was young, i use to think rap was cool and try to do break dance. and then Metallica change my course of music. now i wanna hear Mikael Akerfeldt rap

epic death rap, holy shit, i'll have to try that myself. i think i just invented a new music genre :eek: , i'll rap using death vocal, and i'll make each song 14minutes

Anybody remember this skinny white kid rapper from the 80's and he was the only white guy i ever considered a rapper because when he rapped you couldn't understand a single fucking word he said! pretty spectactular by me. Also does anyone have an opinion on Static-X? I don't know if it is just me, but they have been making beautiful music since i first heard "Push It"
Does anyone know an industrial band that is of the same caliber as Static?
If you havent already got their new album, Machine, check out a song called "Cold"