High English. Help is needed!

Sonm

Curse You All Men...
Aug 14, 2002
I am not a native speaker though, but I really love english for it's simple and gracious structure. I think I can speak it rather well but that depends on what I define as "well". So far I have no problem in everyday situations as well as in telling stories about my scientific stuff. But I get stuck every time I try to get into a poetry, thus your (native speakers) help is really needed and appreciated. Russell helps me a lot with that, and I hope he will continue, that's really appreciated. But as a matter of fact I feel a bit guilty pulling his door bell every time I am in trouble. That's why I hope you won't mind helping me a bit with our lyrics, will you?

The first pit me and my wife got trapped in was the following...

Help us tp get out with your wise prompts, plz!

It's an early morning, and a mist is slowly creeping away, it's like a blanket covering the earth. The mist is slowly changing it's shape and transforms. Now what would sound better to describe this thing...

A swirling mist
A curling mist
A wreathing mist

Cheers...
_______________________________:Spin:

A swirling mist - This is probably the most common way to say what you are trying to say. It works, but it has been used 1000 times before.

A curling mist - For some reason I dont like this one. Seems to anti poetical. For me the word curling is an ugly word and it seems that it may not work very well in lyrics.

A wreathing mist - Now thats interesting. At first I was like... mist doesnt wreath, but then I was like... Hmm interesting, it could be like a mist in pain, a tortured mist. It was also be thrashing about, so would be changing shape constantly... Yeah its a bit unusual but I prefer this much more then the other two. Seems to be the most poetical or something.

2 Anth - LINGVO SUCKS BIG FUCKING TIME. I never evr use it without a good english-english vocy.

Cool! I just need to understand how it feels and what comes to minds when one says a wreathing mist. I know and love russian very well, but even in russian I need some time to say exactly what I need.

For instance I can say in russian:

A floating mist, white lambs of a mist, a swirling mist, a stalking mist (I actually like it!), a sigh of a mist, a sweet embrace of a mist, a dreaming mist, waves of mist, ghostly ships of a mist, troops of a mist etc... and many more which I can't translate...

I just need a verb which would mean a slow, very slow creep of a mist to make an adjective out of that...

Bloody education pulls the pillars every time I am ensured that the roof of the knowledge is just Mr Ruggedness himself...

How 'bout:

Serpentine
Tortuous

Writhing and brooding are also very good.
Hope I've helped a bit. Good luck finding the right word Sonm!

A fowl-smelling mist! Like the one that protrudes from my anus!
In all seriousness, if you have a mist that rolls over the hills and transforms and such, you could call it a menacing mist (if it is moving wildly -

the mist menacingly smears upon the earth;
such as a brush to a canvas,
a haunting form concealed within
the painting of mah soul!

I realize that's corny but I don't have much experience with writing lyrics.

May be the spreading mist?
Or softly mist?
Or idiom Scoth mist?
I know many words for it in russian, but in english...

P.S. Pomni! Shpiony povsudu!

I have overcome this problem... Thank you for your help guys! I think I'll be asking more:))
Cheers!

Actually I have completely changed this... Now I realli like how it all sound...
Thank you guys.