High Gain w/Lepou Lextac??

vejichan

Dec 29, 2011
I know lextac is great for clean.. but i'm having a hard time getting any real high gain tone from it. Does anybody use lextac for high gain or heavy music?
What settings and impulses do you use?
thanks

I would suggest using Legion or Le456 for high-gain. Lextac is, as you noted, great for cleans and that's pretty much it.

I've never been able to make it do high gain tones but it's certainly possible. Newest Memphis May Fire CD was lextac

I imagine that by itself you're not going to get any good high-gain, maybe with an OD pedal in front of it?

EDIT: So this thread got me thinking and I decided to try out LexTac for high-gain. Here's one test, I think it sounds okay, still getting used to how the amp responds. I was correct that an OD pedal made it usable. Specifics about the chain are in the soundcloud description.

EDIT: Updated, removed the drums tweaked a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used lextac for high gain once with decent results (at the time), I'm sure you can make it sound great in a mix. Try these settings to get you started http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13494639/xtacy.png and as mentioned above try using an overdrive pedal but iirc with the boost switch active on lextac it's not absolutely necessary. It really depends on the genre.

I like having an OD pedal in front because it seems to help make the high end more pleasing. With just the boost switch you have to turn the gain up a lot, and the high end is really artificial sounding. That's just me though. I'm happy this thread came up, I might consider using this in the future. It's a tight little amp for high gain actually.

Thats my favorite of the lepou stuff. I like it straight without a boost for metal stuff. Gives me a very Mark IV kind of vibe.

this was all LeXtac on the guitars if i remember correctly... love it for more oldschool sounds!

Last edited by a moderator: