Highly Underrated.

Mar 3, 2006
California, US
Hey guys, this is my first post here. Just wanted to say that i LOVE kalmah. I think you guys are musical genius' and i LOVE the new album. I think that you are THE most underrated band of ALL time. I hope that this new album brings alot of hype to the band. I've been getting EVERYONE i know to listen to kalmah. I hope you guys catch a tour in the US someday. I will be there no doubt.

:worship:

Cr4zyIrishJohn said:
I think that you are THE most underrated band of ALL time.
Why's that? I think everyone here is worshipping this band like you do and the new record is getting good reviews. But it's still a bit odd that they don't get that many gigs though their music is 'in' right now.

Great band.

Underrated? No.

Underappreciated, I think so, along with the genre of metal, especially here in the states.

Well i said underrated because they aren't getting that much exposure. I don't think that kalmah is just 'good', they're the best at what they do. Tours should be BEGGING kalmah to join them.

I don't get it? Why isn't kalmah at least supporting bands on worldwide tours? I def. think that they have a strong enough fan base to pull kids to a show...

Cr4zyIrishJohn said:
Well i said underrated because they aren't getting that much exposure. I don't think that kalmah is just 'good', they're the best at what they do. Tours should be BEGGING kalmah to join them.

I don't get it? Why isn't kalmah at least supporting bands on worldwide tours? I def. think that they have a strong enough fan base to pull kids to a show...
See thats where my long-term opinion/idea comes in.
Kalmah is a GREAT band and probably best in the "melodeath" genre. But you are wondering the same thing I was in the beggining: Why aren't they much more popular!
I think they are this popular (as we think) but not "media" wise if you know what I'm saying? They have the great power and will of opinion to not be commercialized. They just want to stay low. They probably decline to go on US tours (also notice on the Kalmah "Guestbook" that they never answer posts regarding these "Come to the US!" and concert related questions).

It makes all sense when you think about it (and especially if you can make sense out of what I wrote.)

Well i mailed antti a few years ago to come to some 3 day venues dynamo or graspop in europe.(the netherlands, belgium). He said that it'll be great if they can play there. But i never got an agreement with the venue because i was to late and every position was already taken by other bands.

My point is that if they can and will perform but have to pay for it themselves. And airplanes dont' come cheap, so you'll end up paying for your own gig. It should be the other way around.

I think that's why they only do gigs in finland. I suppose it has something to do with the record company or their day to day jobs. (i guess they have full-time jobs because kalmah isn't a living profit).

Hopefully they get a better signing and get an european tour. you can do it with a tourbus, a lot cheaper. But they have to quit their jobs or take holiday i quess..:p

It's better for them never to go to States, look what happened to bodom.

I dont believe it to be a matter of underratings. For the most part, anyone who has heard Kalmah, is most likely a fan. The main reason people don't like them, other than personal preference, is that there is no exposure. When I first bought Swampsong on CDNOW over 4 years ago, I tried getting as many people as I could into the music. It only took to a few listeners, unlike Bodom, which is Kalmah's most overused frame of reference, Kalmah is going after more of a specific audience. Whereas Bodom, especially now, has tuned their music to be more appealing by American ears. Incidently, in this country, US, the only metal that is big isnt even metal any more. Its mainly hardcore emo, which is just crap chords for a while, then an arpeggio in the middle. As far as songwriting goes, Kalmah is definately at the top of their game in the genre they have chosen to stay with. The ultimate tour in my book of underexposed bands would be Mnemic opening, then Kalmah, then Sonata Arctica.

Feel_The_Force said:
I hope the don't go to America, it would suck.

Your an idiot. 'OMG, my fav. band can't get famous, because then they're trendy.'

So you'd rather them not get famous, and wish them other good things? Well i personally wish them all the best.

And wtf? Do you think that we're not big enough fans to deserve to see them live? Get a life.:rolleyes:

Feel_The_Force said:
I hope the don't go to America, it would suck.

Actually it would kick ass, the mosh pits would be huge, and the people would be going crazy unlike in England where everybody just stands in one spot zombified with their mouths open. Also I would like to add that America didn't write Bodoms music, Bodom wrote their own crappy album, don't blame it on America.:puke:

children of bodom dug theyre own grave. its not longer about the music its all about the $$$ these days. i think they did it all back in the day now they just wanna retire rich and fuck lots of hoes. sellouts :(, anyways as far as kalmah goes i believe they choose to be underground because if they wanted to be they could be bigger than children of bodom. they appeal to a select audience where the love is mutual :)

I'm pretty sure Kalmah wouldn't turn shitty like CoB because they wouldn't want their next album worst then the last. They'd want it better.

I know if I had a band that was beginning to get popular I'd try my hardest to write the best thing possible and actually take my time on the album, unlike CoB.

The band members wish that the comparison between Kalmah and CoB would finally come to end but you morons just won't stop, will you?

No kidding, it's way off topic too. Bodom supposedly writing bad music has NOTHING to do with Kalmah touring America...

Shut the hell up already about how bad bodom 'sucks now'. :rolleyes: