Comparisons to Children Of Bodom

Originally posted by Kalmah
You can download full version of Principle Hero from www.centurymedia.de. There is also pile of samples in the discography section. Straight address is http://www.centurymedia.de./century/pages/extras/mp3.php?language=us

Originally posted by locutos
"They Will Return" kills everything! :)

btw. now that I see your avatar pic, dawnghost: looks like an edited sprite rip of Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3, is that a Mugen char? I loved the Splatterhouse series for the Genesis/Mega Drive console :D Where did you get that pic?

@Kalmah: thanks man, you rock :)

@locutos: my avatar is what Rick from Splatterhouse would look like if he was a Street Fighter Alpha character. :)
I got that pic from a Splatterhouse fan site, I think it's www.classicgaming.com/splatterhouse/ if I am not mistaken. :)

about Mugen... I think the guys on that site were trying to make a fighting game with Rick on it, but I don't know if they got very far. :)

What the hell?
guys, i seriously dont understand you.

If you know anything about Melodeath, than you can easily tell the difference between Kalmah and COB.
I personaly like COB more, but Kalmah is an amazing band as well. And they do NOT sound like COB at all!

Just about EVERYTHING is different about them!

Originally posted by Rust In Peace
What the hell?
guys, i seriously dont understand you.

If you know anything about Melodeath, than you can easily tell the difference between Kalmah and COB.
I personaly like COB more, but Kalmah is an amazing band as well. And they do NOT sound like COB at all!

Just about EVERYTHING is different about them!

YES!!!!!

I downloaded "Evil in You" and it's amazing!
I'm trying to download more songs, but seems like Kalmah's still quite an unknown band, cause no one has it :cry:

but anyway, they do not sound like COB, and are just as good!

:)

What drew my attention to Kalmah was how similar they were to COB. (I was on a COB binge at the time), and I loved it regardless of how similar, but when They will return came out, it was their own branch of black/speed/melodic death metal, and personally I think it stood above COB's latest offering at the time of Follow the Reaper. I'll have to see what both bands next albums are like, but the COB carbon copy has got to be norther.....god they are awful!

Both bands' stongest point is the way their keyboards and guitars play off of one another.

I listen to Kalmah more because their vocalist doesn't get on my nerves like Alexi and they don't lose my attention with 2 minutes of cheezy guitar wanking in the middle of every song.

I dont mean to sound like an Alexi fanboy but his riffs aren't cheesy and I enjoy his vocals.
Anways, Norther does sound a bit too much like CoB but I still think they kick ass. I am listening to them right now. Im listening to the song "dream." It has some really cool melodies that I quess some of you would call cheesy.

I don´t like to compare between the two bands.... both are great but i like 100 times more Cob than Kalmah, altaugh it´s less heavier or darker. ---- those Cob fast, melodic, death riffs kicks ass.