Comparisons to Children Of Bodom

i love both bands equally...both great death metal with heavy keyboard use :eek:

kalmah has a faster, more brutally melodic sound.. and i think their percussion is better than CoB's.. just gets me going every time :D

CoB has that "power metal" feel to them, but they also chug out some great riffs, and no one can deny alexi's incredible solo ability :]

I don't think they're THAAAAT similar... I like both, but COB fits my life better, .... no need to compare Bodom with Kalmah.... not only them, .. comparing music is shitty sometimes... music is unique!

Why always those "band battles"? CDs aren't that expensive that you have to find a result of comparisons between bands and make a compromise... if you like the music, listen to it, no matter if there's a band who offers technically better, more creative or whatelse music, each band has its own small universe, nothing to compare. Well CoB and Kalmah use their instruments in the same way, but they build up a totally different atmosphere. Might sound stupid, but I think their music is perfectly put into images on their CD Covers. So if you can't get the difference by your ear and fantasy look at their covers :p

Originally posted by locutos
Why always those "band battles"? CDs aren't that expensive that you have to find a result of comparisons between bands and make a compromise...
Well... i dont want to start an economical discussion here.. but believe me, in Hungary cds are not so cheap conserning to an average salary. I can't buy every album i've heard about, so i dont really want to buy albums i might not like after listening them. No, im not complaing, but pls dont generalize:)

Btw, i dont like 'band battles' either and when im taking part in a discussion like that i try to stay polite and explain my opinion why or why not but i really dont like fights above different opinions:) And yes, it is good to compare them because you can 'explore' things - after somebody mention something -in their music you havent heard before or just havent payed enough attention to it.

BUT , i still would like to know why Vladimir said what he had said .. just to know his opinion or bad experience with the band:)

I like cob's music, but not themselves.
I heard from other artists, (I say no names) that they are arrogant.
And they think they are good have talent etc.
You must never say your good yourself only others can say that.

Cheers, don't want to offend somebody

I don´t like Children of Bodom, but I love Kalmah! So I don´t consider Kalmah a vulgar copy of CoB, maybe Kalmah is the band CoB would like to be! :)

the only few things i can think of killer solos, good keys and melodic songs. there both quite good in what they do, make music, and please fans and what not. there styles are actuall unique to one another and really arent copies. i heard COB first and they were godly, then i heard Kalmah, and there godly. i cant choose between them.

I don't know if anyone's gonna reply, but anyway

I am a big COB song, but never listened to Kalmah
even so, I am very interested in your views on them.... darker, heavier... thrasher vocals... sounds awesome

any good songs for me to download?

I specially liked their lyrics... no satanic or pagan imagery :)

any songs off there cds there all espically good

most people will probably say hades...i will say heritance of berija, alteration, using the word, dance of the water, the blind leader, kill the idealist, swamphell...that should be a decent list to start ya out..

"They Will Return" kills everything! :)

btw. now that I see your avatar pic, dawnghost: looks like an edited sprite rip of Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3, is that a Mugen char? I loved the Splatterhouse series for the Genesis/Mega Drive console :D Where did you get that pic?