The Kalmah/Children Of Bodom Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love both bands, but I agree that Kalmah is the overall better of the two. Children Of Bodom seem to be getting better though. I loved HCDR. And I can't fuckin' find any Kalmah CD's in Canada, which pisses me off severely.

I agree with Thrymfal, there are genres but bands can still be unique within a genre.

Look at power metal ... Blind Guardian sounds completely different than Rhapsody as Stratovarius sounds different. Genres do not mean copycats.

I like them both, I dont really compare them though cause I think they are both pretty different. COB is more melodic power/death metal as compared to Kalmah being Melodic Death Metal.

And yah Alexi Laiho used to use Jackson, He had such great tone on the Sinergy song Spit on your Grave. Download it and download the solo, you will be like hot damn thats good tone.

TheSomberlain said:
I've always heard some punk influences in CoB's music, and I've read interviews with both Alexi and the Blacksmith confirming that punk is one of their influences.
how can that be..? I hate punk but I love CoB

damn I read a magazine that insulted Kalmah big-time..
I got so angry at it, I kinda tossed it in the trash.. wish I didn't. :yell:

Well I heard of this band tgrough an article which said they where rip offs of COB and that why i started listening becuase i'm a huge bodom fan. Now you have to addmit they have a very similar style, but lyrically there very diffrent and are both very talented band.

im getting sick of this, every melodeath band seems to be accused copying cob! like forums of throne of chaos, norther, kalmah, etos and many other are flooded with posts like "YOU GUYS COPY COB F*CK YOU!!!" its pathetic...

Children of bodom is just part of the gendre, not THE whole melodeath itself. Even if bodom was first famous melodeth band it surely wasent the first one! Not lets all stop this stupid bullsh*t and listen to the band without flaming it or starting other stupid copy accusations, right? ;)

Personaly, I no longer enjoy listening to CoB. I think Kalmah have a much darker, faster undertone througout their music. Melodic death just doesnt do much for me any more though. I dont think it lives up to any of the agression and brutality of more classical death metal bands. So, from where I sit, I see many of these bands as very similar. Thats my oppinion, and its got to do with my perspective over things, so anyone has the right to disagree but not to have a go at me for my oppinions.

ShroudOfDusk said:
Personaly, I no longer enjoy listening to CoB. I think Kalmah have a much darker, faster undertone througout their music. Melodic death just doesnt do much for me any more though. I dont think it lives up to any of the agression and brutality of more classical death metal bands. So, from where I sit, I see many of these bands as very similar. Thats my oppinion, and its got to do with my perspective over things, so anyone has the right to disagree but not to have a go at me for my oppinions.

But will Kalmah go the same way as COB though?

Status
Not open for further replies.