Comparisons to Children Of Bodom

IcedEarth556

Metal Keyboardist
Feb 2, 2002
U.S.A
Visit site
Almost every Kalmah review I read, the first thing mentioned is a comparison to Children Of Bodom. I dont think it is necessary. How do you guys think Kalmah compares to Children Of Bodom. I love both groups but personally, I like Children Of Bodom better.

Well Cob and Kalmah have some similarities but i think Kalmah quite have a unique sound, i guess COB is the band that sound the closest to Kalmah's music, probably a way to tell reader what they can half-expect ... but when you got to know both band, they each have their own sound i think...

Yeah me too i prefer COB, but i think Kalmah has a bright futur in front of them

awww...another mass tourist in heavy metal town:)one who does not know what he's mouth is babling...well hmm let's think this argument for a while, shall we?

is Gamma Ray a sad copy of Helloween?is Insomnium a sad copy of In Flames or old Amorphis?did u get my point?this is just an another genre asswipe!!!not every death metal band can be the copy of that band who started the death metal genre!!not every black metal band can be the copy of that band who started the black metal genre!!so these bands who came after CoB, just are making this particular genre known to the world!they are not bands who are trying to be "wannabe's"so if u truly would listen these bands you would find differences...if u r a true heavy metal buttwhole!!!???I think i made my point...:)

well kalmah is very similar to CoB but they do for sure have their own sound.

i prefer cob over kalmah but not by much, i enjoy both bands a lot.

however i do consider norther to be somewhat of a clone band of cob but not as good. however i still do like norther.

Originally posted by Repi
awww...another mass tourist in heavy metal town:)one who does not know what he's mouth is babling...well hmm let's think this argument for a while, shall we?
:lol: :) :) Repi, you're the best! whenever I read a reply of yours, I cannot help but laugh :D

Originally posted by Repi
is Gamma Ray a sad copy of Helloween?is Insomnium a sad copy of In Flames or old Amorphis?did u get my point?this is just an another genre asswipe!!!not every death metal band can be the copy of that band who started the death metal genre!!not every black metal band can be the copy of that band who started the black metal genre!!so these bands who came after CoB, just are making this particular genre known to the world!they are not bands who are trying to be "wannabe's"so if u truly would listen these bands you would find differences...if u r a true heavy metal buttwhole!!!???I think i made my point...:)
... and I see Repi does "know what he's mouth is babling"

When i first listened Swamplord my first thought was that they were quite like COB. but after listening it more carefully i found it more interesting and more origin. Swamplord is still on my favourtie album list.
So, my vote goes to Kalmah.

:headbang:

When i first heard both bands for the first time, they both blew me away! I love both bands equally. CoB has a larger catalog, but Kalmah has the talent to go the distance. If i had to choose one, i couldn't! So i sit down, enjoy their music, and bang my head