Hilarious story from a session today

3tuxedo

Apr 2, 2011
So i was recording drums for a band today, and I full communicated to the lead singer (the only member I ever met/talked to) about bringing their kit and how I am going to mic it and such. The drummer walks in and doesn't even say "Hi my name is *dickhead*!" he was just like, "where's your kit?" To which I responded, "I don't have one, That's what you are for?" :err: We proceeded to talk about how I apparently told him I had a kit, even though I didn't ever even say a single word to him in my life. Anyway, he ended up telling the band he was leaving because he thought "this place was unprofessional."

Later on in the session, after it had actually been going surprisingly well he texted the band and said that he quit. :OMG: Life is good my friends.

lol. drummers are usually the most weird people to communicate with.

@UncleBob that was the first thought that came to my mind when i read the title of this thread.

I just spent like a half hour clicking through these pages and it was just amazing.

so who played the drums and on what drumkit?

Good question, the singer ran to his house and picked up his "700 dollar" set with "brand new cymbals," but i'm convinced that he just molded pieces of shit to look like a set. I don't even know the brand.

I read this GS thread everytime I'm bored at work and it makes me appreciate the job I have even more.
I'm glad I haven't really had to deal with that kind of shit yet. I wonder if this different in other countries.
I haven't heard much about stories like that in Germany/Europe. However, it seems to be pretty commen in the states - interesting.

A fair amount of the gs posters were from all over Europe, I think it's more a general "people" problem than a location problem.

haha horrible this is why i insist on having a sit down with the band before hand to explain whats going to happen and what they need to bring,

EDIT: the only thing that i have had that was similar to this with a ridiculous claim was a guitar player, we had looped a section for him to get the guitar solo right, after about thirty times he tried to blame the latency on the studios protools hd system having latency, i had to tell him that no he was just balls :lol:

I've got a hilarious story of the day and I can't help but pot it here. So today I've called a band to the studio to listen the final mixes to give me the OK before I deliver and get the money. After 2 songs in the guitarist turns to the vocalist and surprised says "wow, Bill, I never realized your singing is so good!"

p.s. i never told them I've edited and tuned the vocals to death.

lol. drummers are usually the most weird people to communicate with.

Our drummer gets full retard sometimes and can't simply keep a 4 or 8 count on the hi-hat during a break where it's just guitar. He will get it, then forget it and simply just stop playing at that part and watch the guitarist play the riff. I keep explaining to him that he needs to not give a fuck about what the guitar is doing and keep the basic beat for all of us to accent on/come into the next part together. It frustrates me to no end because it's something soooooo basic and he seriously gets pissed over it.