Hmm... am I being a douche?? (Redwirez content)

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
So I noticed in my Redwirez account that I didn't have their free IR2 impulse loader, and I didn't know if it was 64-bit or not. So I sent them a message, asking them if it is 64bit yet and why I didn't have it when I had bought the BigBox bundle from them a few years back.

Their response:

Hey guys,

I was wondering two things:

1. Is IR2 64-bit compatible on Windows yet?
Not yet. The Win64 version should be out within a month.
2. I've bought the BigBox in the past, and then added on the other models you've sold since then... how come I don't get the IR2 for free, but new purchasers do, and they even pay way less than I did at the start!!?
If you own all the cabs, you should get it for free. It should appear in the Plug-ins section on your My Stuff page. Chalk up the lower price to competition in the marketplace. We've dropped the price several times over the last several months.

Right. So I double check my account and I see that a bunch more cabs have been released since I last bought something - the last stuff I purchased was the Bogner Uberkab stuff.

Now I bought the BigBox bundle in 2009. This was when there were 7 cabinets in the bundle, and it cost me $54.95. I then made some further purchases - one time it was $47.00, and then another time $19.00. So that is $120.

If I add all of the extra cabs I need to purchase in order to get the plugin for free, I'd need to spend another $12.00.

People who currently buy the bundle get everything I've currently got and more, for $14.00.

I'm slightly miffed about this to be honest. What happened to rewarding your customer base??? We all know how Kazrog treated his customers when Recabinet 3 launched, which was very fair on his part. So what gives....

So am I being a douche?

no, because they never really stipulated that when they said bigbox owners would receive the mixir2, sad that they didn't so it must feel like a gip if they say it after you adressed it.

yea i bought the big box bundle as well and was surprised when i didnt get it but frankly i am too lazy to check which cab(s) i am missing especially since i never intended to use but a couple of those IR's even though i still did buy the whole bundle..

Ah you know what guys, I need to retract all of this completely. The $14.00 price it showed me was because I was logged in!! Once I logged out, the price for the BigBox was $125.00 for the complete set + mixIR2 convolution plug-in so I don't feel as miffed now. Just being an idiot!!