Hmm, Craigslist...

Hey I found the message that guy sent. Check it out.

"Sounds good, I would like to purchase it from you as soon as possible. (I am intrested and ready to buy it now) The easiest way for me to pay is probably E-Check from my Bank(Bank Of America). I know there are a lot of scams so I have no problem with you waiting for the E-Check to go through at your bank or anything. Here is a thing from the E-Check. You will probably need to Purchase Business Check Paper, at any store below in your area,

(1) Shopping Mall
(2) Stationery Store
(3) Office Depot
(4)Office max

For $20 and it will be added to your asking price with an extra offer of $100 for the stress and strain. Once you purchase the business check paper. I will email you the check and you will have it printed. Then proceed to your bank and cash the check. So i will need your your Full Name and Address with a Valid Email Address to send the simple step on how to print the check to your email which you can print and cash within 2 hours after you must have purchased the business check paper. Kindly get the posting deleted if you are ok with my mode of payment. I will await your email. Please Email me back and let me know if this helps Regards."

What a load of shit... :lol:

Haha, wow, that one's way more in depth than mine was. What do they hope to gain out of this? Cuz the whole thing about waiting for the check to clear and all implies the seller won't give them a free product; do they just want an email address/mailing address?

Yeah, in fact, spelling it "cheque" would be the red flag that he was foreign, not the other way around :D

What sayeth you guys?
Totally a scam. I've had those emails the last 3 times I put shit on Craigslist.

chances.jpg

FTW

Haha, wow, that one's way more in depth than mine was. What do they hope to gain out of this? Cuz the whole thing about waiting for the check to clear and all implies the seller won't give them a free product; do they just want an email address/mailing address?

thats Check fraud... you can to some serious time for that shit... what they get out of it... no idea.

I've dealt with that shit very recently, and was able to avoid the scam. what they do is they send you a check in the mail with an excess amount of what you asked for. lets say you sell them something for $500. they send you a check with $1000 to pay for the item and shipping cost, then you send them the "excess amount" back when you ship your item to them. a month or two later the $1000 cashiers check you thought cleared your bank account bounces because of insufficient funds and you are fucked.

Jesus, it takes one to two months for a cashier's check to clear? That's a load of fucking horseshit right there...

well, apparently it will clear at first, but they can still pull out funds from their account a month or so later.

this thread gave me a great idea though. i decided to sign up the scammer's email to a bunch of spam email sites about winning contests and bullshit.

They sell the email and mailing address to advertising companies :loco: