Craigslist Scam!!!

doc_backmask

Aug 2, 2006
Dayton, OH
www.backmask.com
Sweet! Just had my first one sent to me. Surprising though, seeing how I've used for sales and purchases many things (including my head and in-ear monitors!).

The first email wasn't interesting, but the blatant grammar issues combined with the "Cashier Check" tipped me off.

---

Hello,

I happy to read back from you. Please i will only be able to make the payment through Electronic Cashier Check account with Bank Of america. You will have to print the check with a Business Check Paper which is sold at Office Depot,Office Max,Staples Store,Stationery Store or Compusa for just $10. I will allow your bank to verify the echeck and clear it before we proceed futher. Read more about the Echeck at www.insticheck.com . I will await your email today.

54 Bristol Rd
Narragansett.RI 02881

---

FYI I used to work in a branch and if you tried to cash it, we would get you cuffed.

I had to do that once to a slow kid who got dummied into cashing a stolen check. I was like, "we have to verify the check with the owner, so if it's not authorized, it's a big problem...you sure you still want to cash this?" Poor kid didn't even know what he was doing and he got arrested and everything. I still feel bad about that.

Sucks for that kid. Luckily, I consider myself an intelligent enough person not to fall for this crap. That and I've been around the internet since back in the days of bulletin boards and Eudora (if any of you can remember). Still, these guys must have some people fall for it or they wouldn't be doing it.