Internet tricks/scams

The only place you are going with this is proving more and more you can't read and comprehend the shit you think you are arguing with.

The only place I am going with this is proving you totally wrong, my friend.

You haven't replied with a valid comeback.

I feel this is check-mate.

It's a public service announcement, not an argument. eBay buyers should know their legal rights as well as sellers, it may discourage less scammers and people who illegally abuse the system.

The guy that won an amp for cheap earlier up the page, or whatever it was, may well have walked away with a great deal had he known he had a case.

The only place I am going with this is proving you totally wrong, my friend.

You haven't replied with a valid comeback.

I feel this is check-mate.

It's a public service announcement, not an argument. eBay buyers should know their legal rights as well as sellers, it may discourage less scammers and people who illegally abuse the system.

The guy that won an amp for cheap earlier up the page, or whatever it was, may well have walked away with a great deal had he known he had a case.

I have already shown you that you do not comprehend what it says. It says you can cancel the fucking bids when the auction ends. Let me ask you something, exactly what fucking bids would you even NEED to cancel other than the winning one? Why in the fuck would anyone need to cancel bids that didn't win?

Thanks. You are obviously a shitty chess player.

I would seriously laugh at you if you threatened me with a lawsuit over an ebay transaction. I really would.

If you went through with the lawsuit, I would laugh even harder.

"You may cancel bids or sell to the highest bidder."

Am I the only one that sees the Or in that sentence? Or implies a choice, you don't have to sell to the highest bidder, in fact if I had some asshat threatening to sue me and eBay really did have the policy that you had to sell your item to one of the people who bid on your shit, then I would shit can that asshats bid and sell it to the next bidder just to give him a giant FUCK YOU.

So you've gone all abusive rather than answer my question....

What's the point of paying to have a reserve if you can just cancel the agreement?

So people know up front that your not going to be low balled, and so ebay can impose another shitty fee. Seriously, who the fuck uses ebay anyways?

Ebay can't hold anyone to shit. Some 80 year old puts in an extra 0 on his bid and he is bound to that (he is not, and you can retract a bid despite anyone deciding to get butt hurt over it)? Yeah your supposed to sell, you don't have to sell to the highest bidder (hence the or, you can shit can the highest bid) though.

Does that mean you can do shit if they refuse your money and not ship the item? Nope, all you can do is bitch about it and leave negative feedback. It's against ebays terms and conditions, not the law. The worst that could happen is they get a ban from ebay. The only time you have legal recourse is if they take off with your cash and you have nothing to show for it.

I would seriously laugh at you if you threatened me with a lawsuit over an ebay transaction. I really would.

If you went through with the lawsuit, I would laugh even harder.

"You may cancel bids or sell to the highest bidder."

Am I the only one that sees the Or in that sentence? Or implies a choice, you don't have to sell to the highest bidder, in fact if I had some asshat threatening to sue me and eBay really did have the policy that you had to sell your item to one of the people who bid on your shit, then I would shit can that asshats bid and sell it to the next bidder just to give him a giant FUCK YOU.

Ok, by the way...

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, I will take you up on that offer.

Put something up on eBay with no reserve, I will bid on it, let the bidding end so I win, then cancel it.

Gonna do it?

Make it something worthwhile. Got a nice valve amp going or something?

* Although not an offer as such :p

Well I'm still waiting for an answer...

Already gave it to you dipshit, the reserve is not mandatory. Also, as you can clearly see there is no stipulation on anything you or I have posted from eBay's ToS that says anything special regarding reserve price auctions. There is no contradiction... Give it up man.

Rhys Llewellyn said:
...and damn it, I'm RIGHT!

Quite the contrary.

So people know up front that your not going to be low balled, and so ebay can impose another shitty fee. Seriously, who the fuck uses ebay anyways?

Ebay can't hold anyone to shit. Some 80 year old puts in an extra 0 on his bid and he is bound to that (he is not, and you can retract a bid despite anyone deciding to get butt hurt over it)? Yeah your supposed to sell, you don't have to sell to the highest bidder (hence the or, you can shit can the highest bid) though.

Does that mean you can do shit if they refuse your money and not ship the item? Nope, all you can do is bitch about it and leave negative feedback. It's against ebays terms and conditions, not the law. The worst that could happen is they get a ban from ebay. The only time you have legal recourse is if they take off with your cash and you have nothing to show for it.

It clearly states that if it's an accident, it's different and can be retracted.

If you're suggesting you just lie each time, then it's fraud.

eBay is bound by laws. These are contracts. eBay is not allowed to make up it's own laws :p

Already gave it to you dipshit, the reserve is not mandatory. Also, as you can clearly see there is no stipulation on anything you or I have posted from eBay's ToS that says anything special regarding reserve price auctions. There is no contradiction... Give it up man.

Quite the contrary.

That is not a satisfactory answer.

Here's an ice cream. This one is free.

Here's another ice cream, this one is 5 bucks.

Clearly, no one is ever going to use a reserve if they don't have to.

Seriously, please someone with some common sense agree.

It is there for protection for this very cause.

Rhys said:
Here's an ice cream. This one is free.

Here's another ice cream, this one is 5 bucks.

...WHAT? :lol:

Jesus christ man, the fucking reserve is there to protect the seller from getting low-balled. This is fucking simple as shit, WHY DON'T YOU GET IT YET? Already been explained.

...WHAT? :lol:

Jesus christ man, the fucking reserve is there to protect the seller from getting low-balled. This is fucking simple as shit, WHY DON'T YOU GET IT YET? Already been explained.

What does that even mean?

It stops the seller from having too low an asking price?

Sorry to derail the derailling

back on topic I recently considered paying Jango $30 american dollars for playing one of my songs to 1000 different listeners. You get to pick 5 - 30 bands and your song is played to 1000 different fans of those bands.

Sounded like an awesome deal, as lately I've been on Reverbnation spamming the old school way and it sux, it works, but it is no fun.

But then thinking about it the numbers don't add up at all.
Lets say 10,000 bands do this just once each. then Jango needs 1,000,0000 user. Let's say some of these bands do this many time, $30 isn't much money between a whole band, then Jango needs way more than 1,000,000 listeners.
I searched around the net bofore spending any money and found plenty of blogs thinking the same thing. A few different blogs mention bands generating a fan and email list of 5000+ after spending hundreds of dollars, finally sending out a an email to all of them and not receiving one response or page hit.

I think they pay people to create accounts and join fanclubs and mailing lists to create the impression their service is working. It's all legal because they use some term like "unique listener" which just means a different account.

Rhys said:
What does that even mean?

It stops the seller from having too low an asking price?

First of all, I'm thoroughly pleased to see you basically just admit you don't understand. FINALLY.

Now... It means, for example, if the auction ends and there is a high bidder, but they have not met the reserve price, then the seller has the option to cancel the auction and re-list the item, for free I might add. Also, if the highest bidder met the reserve price but the seller wishes to cancel the bids on it for any number of reasons, they can do that as well, or they can just sell it to the highest bidder, as has already been established.

Really sorry man, but this is how it works. Back on topic hopefully...

First of all, I'm thoroughly pleased to see you basically just admit you don't understand. FINALLY.

Now... It means, for example, if the auction ends and there is a high bidder, but they have not met the reserve price, then the seller has the option to cancel the auction and re-list the item, for free I might add. Also, if the highest bidder met the reserve price but the seller wishes to cancel the bids on it for any number of reasons, they can do that as well, or they can just sell it to the highest bidder, as has already been established.

Really sorry man, but this is how it works. Back on topic hopefully...

Well "low balled" is slang. So that's why I didn't understand what it meant.

Well you've just explained the point of a reserve. If it falls below, they don't have to sell.

I understand that.

You've said all along if the seller just wishes to cancel they can anyway. So the only benefit is a re-listing because no-one met the asking price?

It is there for protection for this very cause.

Yeah man, protection from getting ripped both ways. If I sell shit on ebay, your the winning bidder, I decide the end price isn't high enough and REFUSE your paypal payment and not ship the item the worse that will happen is I will get kicked off ebay.

I can see it now "hello police, I bought an amp on ebay for $$$$ and the seller has not shipped the item, can I press charges?"

"Well have you paid for it?"

"Yes but he won't take my money."

"......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:"

Is it against the terms and conditions? Yep you bet. Can you do a fucking thing about it? Yeah leave negative feedback and report the seller, but that's about it. No law enforcement agency would give a shit about that scenario and taking it to court is more money than it's worth.

Plus like I said, if I ran into an asshat like you (the whole lawsuit thing is incredibly douchebag) and I gave a shit about my feedback I would cancel your bid and sell to the next bidder just to be an asshole.

Yeah man, protection from getting ripped both ways. If I sell shit on ebay, your the winning bidder, I decide the end price isn't high enough and REFUSE your paypal payment and not ship the item the worse that will happen is I will get kicked off ebay.

I can see it now "hello police, I bought an amp on ebay for $$$$ and the seller has not shipped the item, can I press charges?"

"Well have you paid for it?"

"Yes but he won't take my money."

"......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:"

Is it against the terms and conditions? Yep you bet. Can you do a fucking thing about it? Yeah leave negative feedback and report the seller, but that's about it. No law enforcement agency would give a shit about that scenario and taking it to court is more money than it's worth.

Plus like I said, if I ran into an asshat like you (the whole lawsuit thing is incredibly douchebag) and I gave a shit about my feedback I would cancel your bid and sell to the next bidder just to be an asshole.

Asshat? Douchebag?

LOL.

Well I understand why you wouldn't wanna go through with it. I'm bored now... and also correct by the way...

Now kindly read back what you've just typed and realise it has totally contradicted what that other guy has been arguing with me about.

You have agreed with me.

* Oh and by the way, you don't call the Police for matters like that. That might be where you're going wrong.

** And additionally, I would be taking it to through a civil court! Every citizen has the right to do that. I have no idea what you're basing court proceedings on.