hmmmm i wonder....

SirDidymus127

Dec 21, 2003
... has anyone ever encountered Jim... when he is sober? I know when i met him in Asbury Park, he couldn't work the fuckin pen to sign my ticket. Then in Philly, he was completely gone again, he was just so out of it....

SirDidymus127 said:
... has anyone ever encountered Jim... when he is sober? I know when i met him in Asbury Park, he couldn't work the fuckin pen to sign my ticket. Then in Philly, he was completely gone again, he was just so out of it....
hahahah i remember that... i had to show him how to use my pen. it was fantastic.

Good question though.

I met him a couple times and he was always drinkin. But uh, so?
He's a funny guy when he's drinkin. Last time I had the honor of havin beers
with him, it was a wicked pisser.

My 2 Cents,

-OfficerNice.

ive never encountered jim totally drunk, other than with will in cleveland. @ the last show in cleveland, he wasnt drunk at all, was was by far the easiest member of the band to talk to. i find him and jeff really approachable. vans a great guy, but i know nothing of drumming :D and warrels the one thats always fucked up everytime i wanna try and talk hahaha

SirDidymus127 said:
yea he was def. drunk in philly... Warrel was trying to gather all of the guys back around the bus so we could get a group shot, and Jim said he was coming, and at first he was behind us... but, he kinda disappeared in our short trip down the street. he apparently did a 180 and took off around the corner going the opposite way... then Warrel had to call him on his phone to try and find out where he was, i was surprised he could use the phone, but eventually Jim came staggering back towards the buses... that truly was one of the greatest nights of my life...

I've met Jim, Warrel, Jeff, and Van on 3 different occasions (with Tim Calvert) and everytime all of the guys were very "down to earth" and approachable. Actually, I sat next to Van and Warrel at the bar during a show in 1999 on my birthday July 7, in Richmond, KY and none of they guys seemed "shit-faced". Everyon had a "good buzz", but nobody was falling down drunk. I've got this show on VHS actually. I remember everyone drinking large quantities of alcohol. I now Van did at least 7-8 shots of tequila before playing and I bought Van, Warrel, and myself a shot of Jagermeister. This guy/guitar player from opening band XII SECONDS OF RAGE (from Cincinnati, Ohio) continuously kept buying all the guys in NEVERMORE beer, tequila shots, whiskey shots, etc... you name it. On the VHS I have he keeps yelling at Warrel throughout the show and towards the end he give Warrel a shot of "Wild turkey". I guess we all were DRUNK. Had a good time though.

Reactions: Tee