Ho ho, Guess Who's Touring With Opeth Again.....

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
Yes, I seriously doubt this had been mentioned before, but Devildriver has just been added to the Sounds of the Underground Tour (still have a big problem with that name)

Also, Lamb of God will be headlining the first stage of this "UNDERGROUND" tour, and Gwar will be headlining the second stage. (wonder which stage Opeth will be on)

And there are also regional bands on the tour.

MADBALL - East-coast dates
TERROR - West-coast dates
THE RED CHORD - Select east-coast dates
FEAR BEFORE THE MARCH OF FLAMES - Select midwest and southeast dates
HIMSA - Select west-coast dates

"The SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND TOUR establishes its unique brand by combining up-and-coming metal bands such as Opeth, Unearth and Chimaira with up and coming hardcore bands like Poison The Well, From Autumn to Ashes, Every Time I Die and Norma Jean."

Who wrote this crap?

I like how when they quote the band members, they all seemingly acknowledge that the attendants will all be kids/youths.

PS: I never thought I'd see the phrase "Hot Topic" on opeth.com :loco:

Which ties along with someone fixing Devildriver. (As in making them go home and just stop playing "music".)

opeth, "up and coming"....only if they mean "coming all over the shitty support bands"

I HATE HIMSA, why must they be on the west coast leg...at least i can handle terror, i'm not so viciously anti-hardcore as i am anti-fucking-himsa :bah:

What I dont get is why the label keeps booking them with metalcore bullshit bands. I keep hearing, "dont label opeth" but they are being labeled with these shit hardcore bands.
Again just my 2 cents but I suppose this is the price a band needs to pay to spread their music.

Ive got an Idea! Lets all post abuse on their gay site and tell them to change theyr description of the festival. I mean, even Opeth are comin out of the underground. i guess in a way thats a good thing, but it feels Opeth is sort of personal to me.

^ I always thought they kinda had one foot in the mainstream and one foot in the underground

''@affinity: Opeth is NOT underground..why does no one understand this?''

Agreed theyr not a proper underground band, but they are definatley not by any stretch of imagination an over listened to band, sure people have heard of them but never given them the attention, say lamb of god has. they make a good living for themselves while having truly dedicated fans. i respect that whether they are a well known band or not.

The Dude said:
"The SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND TOUR establishes its unique brand by combining up-and-coming metal bands such as Opeth, Unearth and Chimaira with up and coming hardcore bands like Poison The Well, From Autumn to Ashes, Every Time I Die and Norma Jean."

Who wrote this crap?

After reading that, I get the feeling this will be a disappointment.

cthulufhtagn said:
I HATE HIMSA, why must they be on the west coast leg...at least i can handle terror, i'm not so viciously anti-hardcore as i am anti-fucking-himsa :bah:

At least you don't have to deal with The Red Chord.

they've been on both near me.

one foot in the underground, one foot in the mainstream, straddlin' the line and fuckin it. :tickled:

i've never heard Devildriver and from these reactions i'm glad. i'm waiting for an Opeth/PT tour. that i'd certainly go to no matter what.