Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth)CD+DVD

Then it's obviously the wrong answer :rolleyes:

Notice how I didn't mention anything about the metaphysical meaning conjured by the atmosphere the cover creates around the viewer or somesuch :p

Also now you can clearly see how the reaper changed on the last two albums. Before that they all look similar with the same style.

Interesting observation my esteemed colleague. Clearly, the sudden change in art style of the reaper suggests an attempt to capture the American and mainstream audience not only through their horrible new talentless trash style but also their album covers. Notice further that the album cover is colored in a shade of brown, a native color of the autumnal equinox; further proof of COB's shameless efforts to get rich or die trying. Previously, the COB albums portrayed a vernal array of hues. The blue and green albums signified the lakes and forests, and the atmosphere was so prevalent you could literally drown in said lakes or get lost in said forests. I, for one, am absolutely revolted at this cover as it represents all that is wrong with present day COB.

Interesting observation my esteemed colleague. Clearly, the sudden change in art style of the reaper suggests an attempt to capture the American and mainstream audience not only through their horrible new talentless trash style but also their album covers. Notice further that the album cover is colored in a shade of brown, a native color of the autumnal equinox; further proof of COB's shameless efforts to get rich or die trying. Previously, the COB albums portrayed a vernal array of hues. The blue and green albums signified the lakes and forests, and the atmosphere was so prevalent you could literally drown in said lakes or get lost in said forests. I, for one, am absolutely revolted at this cover as it represents all that is wrong with present day COB.

hahahahaha

[JOONAS]Interesting observation my esteemed colleague. Clearly, the sudden change in art style of the reaper suggests an attempt to capture the American and mainstream audience not only through their horrible new talentless trash style but also their album covers. Notice further that the album cover is colored in a shade of brown, a native color of the autumnal equinox; further proof of COB's shameless efforts to get rich or die trying. Previously, the COB albums portrayed a vernal array of hues. The blue and green albums signified the lakes and forests, and the atmosphere was so prevalent you could literally drown in said lakes or get lost in said forests. I, for one, am absolutely revolted at this cover as it represents all that is wrong with present day COB.[/JOONAS]

You forgot the tags! >:O Good thing I fix'd it for you :3

Signature worthy material.

Excited for the setlist , I think that the artwork is really good ,cool but the color is really a failure ,Brown is really empty .
Maybe they should've add an unseen (never heard*) song to it to make it more interesting and really get more consumers to get the CD .
I'm also looking forward to the SKO video I hope it'll be good and not disappointing as the last two videos from RFF ..
It is so dumb to do trashy-all over the place-shitty-funny covers OVER AGAIN we've had enough.. We want some cool cover to some 80's metal band or whatever ..
Lets just wait to see the setlist coming up in the next few weeks.

Now there's one album I'll probably buy but will never listen to (except the cover songs). To whom is this album aimed to anyway? People that haven't ever heard Children Of Bodom?

That and fans who collect everything by Bodom. That's what collection disks are usually for.

Though TBH it would've been more interesting if they re-recorded/remastered some of the older songs.

Though TBH it would've been more interesting if they re-recorded/remastered some of the older songs.

I actually that one myself but it's very unlikely. Still it would've been interesting to hear how The Nail or Touch Like an Angel of Death would sound these days but it's pretty sure that the two songs from the first album are Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom, which are the weakest tracks of the album along with In the Shadows.

Well it seems like they're going for a "most popular tracks" disk, which is pretty typical. I think re-records would be interesting either way, at least it'd make the disk a little more interesting than something I could likely make in my playlist in 2 minutes on any day.

In an ideal world we'd also get 2 new/unreleased single songs instead of 2 covers.

I'm also guessing it'll be a 'most popular songs' album, meaning songs like Hate Me, Hate Crew Deathroll, In Your Face instead of some better songs.

I posted this before but deleted it... I think the only possible scenario where the 2 new cover songs deserve to be put on this album is if they sort of "cover" Inearthed. For sure it would be interesting to have Intro+Translucent Image & Talking of the Trees or something like this as the ending of the album. The melodic idea of Translucent Image was re-used in Sinergy's Beware the Heavens, tho. They could never touch the greatness of those Talking of the Trees vocals anymore, so this thing is basically not happening.

Seeing how bad the cover songs are with the exception of the Scorpions and Ramones covers, it's ridicilous to put 2 of them on a best of album. It makes this whole release (together with the lame cover art) seem like some lame joke pirate release you could buy on a festival snack food kiosk. Then again what can you expect given the creativity they have these times.

I'm also guessing it'll be a 'most popular songs' album, meaning songs like Hate Me, Hate Crew Deathroll, In Your Face instead of some better songs.

I posted this before but deleted it... I think the only possible scenario where the 2 new cover songs deserve to be put on this album is if they sort of "cover" Inearthed. For sure it would be interesting to have Intro+Translucent Image & Talking of the Trees or something like this as the ending of the album. The melodic idea of Translucent Image was re-used in Sinergy's Beware the Heavens, tho. They could never touch the greatness of those Talking of the Trees vocals anymore, so this thing is basically not happening.

Seeing how bad the cover songs are with the exception of the Scorpions and Ramones covers, it's ridicilous to put 2 of them on a best of album. It makes this whole release (together with the lame cover art) seem like some lame joke pirate release you could buy on a festival snack food kiosk. Then again what can you expect given the creativity they have these times.

stop being a fag

crying-kids04.jpg

I think it also would be interesting idea to re-record Inearthed songs but it's way too unlikely.

We just should face the fact that they will never do anything "before HCDR-stuff" again. Its like Pantera and the glam-stuff! except Panteras new stuff is better than the old......

I'm not intimidated by a couple grease-haired forum trolls trying to make my manly statements seem like crying, if you wanna challenge me you need to argue properly about what I said, this is a discussion forum after all, right guys, or girls. :) Of course deep and insightful discussion is what you're all about here.