HOLY CRAP - HEATHEN CRUSADE METALFEST

i liked that one keen of the crow sample i heard, maybe i should keep my morgion cd instead of selling it.

duhhhhh like, crowned by ass, cloaked in dirt or whatever it's called.

one of those albums that i can say yes, it's good, but i've listened to half of it maybe 2 times in the year i've owned it.

I'll probably end up going to this. I'm not a huge fan of most of these bands (I haven't heard much by them, though), but maybe after I see them live that may change. Star Central is like 10 minutes from my place. Now, if they could only get Agalloch on the bill...

cthulufhtagn said:
of all the places to hold it....minnesota? :guh:

Like Lizard said, Minnesota is home of many Swedes and Norwegians for quite some time. Actually, we have an annual Nordic Roots festival in which many bands that are Scandinavian or influenced by said region, come and play. It's really awesome actually. Last weekend I went to go see Triakel (perhaps some of you Swedes know of them; their vocalist is also in Garmarna which are badass and I unfortunately had to miss.:cry: I'll post pictures by request.) There are also several stores in the area that propagate Scandinavian furnishings, clothing, and music. Coupled with the fact that the Twin Cities has a pretty large and growing metal scene (which I am not too fond of), this is probably the perfect place in the states to hold it.

JayKeeley said:
What's the venue like? Do they sell alcohol?

It's a decent venue. Large enough stage and the floor can probably hold close to 300-400 people, but I think they could have found a better place to hold this. I know Mayhem productions is connected with Star Central in some way, maybe a booking contract or something, as all the shows through them are usually at Star Central. This show would have been much better at The Rock or maybe even The Triple Rock or 1st Avenue (I personally like those venues better). And yes, they serve booze at this venue. :)

What are the chances of this actually happening, with the promised bands?

(I only care about Thyrfing, Moonsorrow & Primordial, btw)

It's a long ways to go & pretty expensive for 3 bands who may or may not show, lol.

That said, I'm in!

markgugs said:
What are the chances of this actually happening, with the promised bands?

Unless there's some kind of unforseen Visa problems, the chances are about as good as it gets. All of the bands are highly touting the show on their websites and promoting it as their first U.S. appearance in a one night only ultra exclusive setting. This definitely isn't a Koshick like event where a band is advertised and then mysteriously fails to appear.

It's also been flat out stated that there will be no subsequent shows by any of the bands after the festival, so you don't have to worry about a show popping up in NYC days after the festival or anything.

markgugs said:
(I only care about Thyrfing, Moonsorrow & Primordial, btw)

That's enough right there for me as well, and they're the three headliners, each getting an hour to play.

That said, I'm interested in November's Doom and some of the other bands as well. I've heard good things about several of them.

markgugs said:
It's a long ways to go & pretty expensive for 3 bands who may or may not show, lol.

I definitely agree, but have no fear - the band schedule has just been posted as well. It's a done deal.

I think the Minnesota in January setting both adds to and takes away from the desirability factor as well. Adds to in the sense that Minnesota in January has a very comparable climate to the Scandanavian setting that is such a critical part of the pagan/heathen culture and viking black metal scene in general. Takes away in the sense that..... well ..... it's Minnesota in January, what the hell am I doing here if I don't have to be here?? For me personally, I have to be here. The pros far outweigh the cons.

markgugs said:
That said, I'm in!

Awesome!! JayKeeley really wants to make it as well, but may have a difficult time due to his work schedule. I believe it all depends on where he's working at the time of the show and whether the traveling would be too hectic or not (he could be in Dallas, Minnesota or Timbuktu).

I am definitely in though, and if JayKeeley can't make it, I have an extra ticket for you. :headbang:

Zod, get your ass over there!

HEATHEN CRUSADE METALFEST Lineup Finalized!

ENSHRINED from Minnesota and DUMAH from Wisconsin are the final two acts to be confirmed for the Heathen Crusade Metalfest, set to take place Saturday, January 21, 2006 at Star Central in Columbia Heights, Minnesota. Also scheduled to appear are Finland's MOONSORROW, Ireland's PRIMORDIAL, Sweden's THYRFING, THE CHASM, NOVEMBERS DOOM, TODESBONDEN, KEEN OF THE CROW, and TYPHUS.

Additional details: The Heathen Crusade Official Forum, sponsored by Trolleve Communities, is now up and running. The schedule/running order for the Festival is available for viewing on the official website. MOONSORROW, PRIMORDIAL and THYRFING will be having autograph signing sessions on the day of the Festival. See the official website for times. There will also be an after-show party at the Star Central from 11pm to 1am for those 18+, additional details soon.

Tickets are now on sale! ($25 in advance, $30 day of show). Additional information is available at the Heathen Crusade Official Website.

The Heathen Crusade Metalfest is sponsored by: Dark Horizon Records, Metal Maniacs, The End Records and Trolleve Communities.

Absolutely phenomenal line up. :kickass:

Shittiest location possible, however. Nothing against MN but we're talking $600 for anyone flying in for the night. What the heck is wrong with NYC? That way, there's still stuff to do after 9pm. :loco:

Still, phenomenal line up. What a dilemna. Maybe I can donate a kidney (someone else's). :loco:

I'm trying not to read this thread, but I've been unsuccessful. If this stupid Vegas trip in December for a friends' wedding didn't cost so much, I might've had the cash to go to this festival.

Trust me, I've nearly cried over not being able to go.

C'mon JK, we're talking extraordinary circumstances here - you must go. Man it would so rule if we had a huge RC contingent. Right now I'm in, JK and markgugs are maybes and I think Zod's answer depends on those two maybes. J., throw caution to the wind for this one!