Holy fucking shit, what a good night went bad

Another thing to note, if its possible for anyone outside to get into your window by breaking it of whatever, and you insist on having gear/studio stuff where it could be seen from the window,
install blinds and leave them down always, dont tempt the window shoppers.

Glad he is ok though !

it really doesn't look like the hole was big enough for someone to go through with a back pack on or for your friend to chase him through. All of the metal parts are still intact except 2 and that makes a very small entrance or exit even for someone of average size 150 to 200 lbs. It looks more like someone was drunk and fell into the window fan , it fell into the house and the window slammed shut and glass went all over. I think the burglar would have grabbed the watch in the window seal, the laptop and the video game next to the wall too. Maybe I'm just numb to the internet but call bullshit on the story. Post a copy of the police report.

it really doesn't look like the hole was big enough for someone to go through with a back pack on or for your friend to chase him through. All of the metal parts are still intact except 2 and that makes a very small entrance or exit even for someone of average size 150 to 200 lbs. It looks more like someone was drunk and fell into the window fan , it fell into the house and the window slammed shut and glass went all over. I think the burglar would have grabbed the watch in the window seal, the laptop and the video game next to the wall too. Maybe I'm just numb to the internet but call bullshit on the story. Post a copy of the police report.

Shut your fucking mouth. Why would ANYBODY lie about such a thing, much less a respected member of our little community?

Stupid fucking trolls.

Shut your fucking mouth. Why would ANYBODY lie about such a thing, much less a respected member of our little community?

Stupid fucking trolls.
I wasn't trolling. from the pix it just didn't look likely to be a 100% true story. It's the internet, people embellish their stories all of the time. Perhaps he didn't make it up and the story is true. Having an opinion about facts or being wrong doesn't make me a troll. I just throught a thief would take the laptop being of more value than the Sony product. I wasn't trying to start a huge argument. If I'm wrong, my apologies.

But that sets the precedent that crime pays and all these scum will continue to exist until the end of time. The police don't give a shit about a few stolen goods form your home. If you're not insured, it means that junkie fuck has just popped his load in your ass and you've taken it willingly. If you are insured, it means the corporate world is taking advantage of your insecurity, forcing you to pay fees for stolen goods committed by scumbags that should've been killed the moment they were first caught.

Props to your friend, Lowberg. I have great respect for guys with balls like that. I'm glad he came out relatively unhurt as well. In a more just world, there would have been no gun and that scumbag would be in the emergency room trying to take a shit out his face from the beating your friend would've given him.
Well that's true until you get yourself shot for thinking your life is worth a couple hundred dollars... Anyway, I think his friend reacted just because he saw the burglar leaving and he, of course, thought he was unarmed

Okay, we got some sleep and sobered up

This 100% Did happen, and I see where you are coming from.
My friend was drunk last night and was confused on the details in the mayhem.

I guess when he opened his door the burglar was just exiting his window (must have heard us all in the apartment and just finished and started to leave) and the burglar shit "Oh shit!" when he saw my friend

So it was just my friend who dove through the window, not him + the burglar.
Again we aren't too sure, as my friend was the only witness on how the burglar exited and was just to adrenaline pumping to remember exactly, just instinct to jump out after him. But we saw the guy pointing the gun at my friend outside with our own eyes.

The police department sent out this mass email to all the students here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

On May 15 at approximately 3:05 a.m., a break-in was reported off-campus at a student’s residence on Brigham Road adjacent to campus. The suspect, who was confronted by a resident of the building, displayed a silver-colored handgun and was able to flee the scene without apprehension. The suspect was last seen traveling northward on Brigham and, as of this posting, is still at large.

The description of the suspect is as follows: a young adult Hispanic male wearing a light-colored “hoodie” with a black backpack.

Looks like my friend might get new stuff back covered under his insurance, but as we thought about it the burglar probably has 2 busted systems after getting tackled and such + running with them in a backpack :lol:

Whatever, done with school for the year. Time to gtfo

I wasn't trolling. from the pix it just didn't look likely to be a 100% true story. It's the internet, people embellish their stories all of the time. Perhaps he didn't make it up and the story is true. Having an opinion about facts or being wrong doesn't make me a troll. I just throught a thief would take the laptop being of more value than the Sony product. I wasn't trying to start a huge argument. If I'm wrong, my apologies.

.. why he didnt steal a gamecube? Well, how likely is it that he would get it sold without any games?
Look at the chair, look at the hole in the window.. its definitely large enough for someone to dive through.
And again about the stuff he didnt take:

Lowberg said:
But its good we were there to intervene with Mr. burglars shopping spree because his new 32" tv was off his desk like the guy was going to come back for it.

And he only had a backpack.. how much do you think fits in a fucking backpack?

Anyways: Who the fuck are you, and why should i give a damn?