Home from tour

max said:
testament came on at 10.20 instead of 10. probably due to the over-running of all those support bands and sound problems.

the curfew was strictly 11.30, hence no encore.
that was the only downer of the evening!!

Wrong, and wrong again (unless you know something I don't, and that's highly unlikely!!)

Anyway, Chuck it was an honour playing host to the classic Testament lineup on 8th May. Having spent a couple of songs of your set in the dvd production office can I just say that the dvd is going to look incredible!!!! This was soooo the right night to flim, the place was on fire! 1000+ people, wall to wall pits, the atmosphere was electric! I don't know how the rest of the shows went, but if they were only even half as good as London then it would still have been an amazing show!!!

Sunday, May 8th, Camden Koko is a night everyone there will never forget!

Lee/NoiseScape

Thanks for the update, Chuck. Nice to see your second post this year :)
It was an amazing tour and I'm extremely happy to have seen three gigs (Innsbruck, Lichtenfels, Dieburg).
Each member of the band was awesome and marvelous. Too bad the setlist wasn't a bit longer and they skipped "Let Go Of My World".
They way TestAmenT played and treated their fans is something I'll never be able to forget.

God, I hope they manage to record the new album this year or 2006- they never sounded better to me.

max said:
testament came on at 10.20 instead of 10. probably due to the over-running of all those support bands and sound problems.

the curfew was strictly 11.30, hence no encore.
that was the only downer of the evening!!

the curfew thing is wrong, i was at the front and ask the guard bloke about it and he said KOKO can run until 6 in the morning.

Talking to Chuck Billy before the show, he said they had to finish about then because of the trains.

fabulous_disaster said:
the curfew thing is wrong, i was at the front and ask the guard bloke about it and he said KOKO can run until 6 in the morning.

Not sure about that - remember it was a Sunday.

fabulous_disaster said:
Talking to Chuck Billy before the show, he said they had to finish about then because of the trains.

The trains WERE f@cked that night. Despite the lack of encore I still had to get a taxi back home. Sixty f@cking quid!!!
Cool gig though - shame about the support bands. I'd rather see one cool band instead of 4 mediocre bands!
It was great to see the old line up again but I did miss hearing Dog Faced Gods and DNR!

Seems there are a few conflicting stories here about the Koko show so let me clarify......firstly there was NO curfew set in stone for the show.....we agreed however that we should be done and dusted by approx 2330 due to people needing to get home, work next day etc etc.

Secondly, Testament did not have their set cut short due to any overrunning of the support acts....in fact the support acts actually trimmed their sets to make sure Testament hit the stage on time! Considering the doors opened around 20 minutes late and Testament hit the stage 3 minutes late I'd say that was pretty good going myself!! Testament were due onstage at 2220, not the 2200 other people seem to think, and they actually hit the stage at 2223. If you check this this thread about the Innsbruck show you will see the setlist there is EXACTLY the same as the London show, so rest assured you got the full Testament set.

However, all this is rather trivial.....did we or did we not get to see BILLY, CHRISTIAN, CLEMENTE, PETERSON, SKOLNICK and TEMPESTA reunited and playing one of, if not the best gigs we will ever see........and that is all that matters!!

Roll on September and that dvd!!!!!

Chuck Billy said:
The reunion tour went great! It was everything I hoped it would be and more. They were 10 great shows. We filmed the first 2 shows at the Effenar and Dynamo both in Holland. They will be released on dvd in the future. The Dynamo was off the hook. Anthrax kicked ass. It braught back many great memories. I know the rest of the band felt the same.We filmed the show at Kokos in London in high definition and it was recorded in 5.1 suround sound. This will hopefully be ready for a September release. This is a show that was definatly meant to be filmed, the crowd was amazing and the venue was the perfect location. This place had the right vibe .Every show got better and better. The more we played together the more familiar it became. Just like old times. Everybody was great and Louie really stepped up and kicked ass. I couldn't be prouder.

So if you get a chance to see us we are playing the 3 U.S. dates for now in Virginia and Pensylvania.

Were hoping to do more shows in the future. Trust me I would be in to it.

Chuck man, that Dynamo show was definatly off the fucking hook. Was worth coming all the way from Quebec to see you guys. And I was proudly wearing my Testament long sleeves biker style shirt at Dynamo, of course. :D
Was fucking cool when you came on stage during Anthrax and sang a lil big with Joey and Scott. haha. Man i dunno if you remember but Joey saw my Testament shirt at some point and then he showed you to look my way in front and we just :headbang: at each other, haha, that was fucking great. :D
wish i could have meet you and the rest of the bands....maybe next time.

Sunshine666 said:
Hey Chuck, being it's almost 7 years now since you guys have been milking the Gathering, any chance you can get Peterson to knock off the Black Metal gayness and write an album that actually sounds like classic Testament from the 80s?

:) Prince Charming :)

anyway, you´re right. I don´t need a thousand more bootleg-DVDs of poor quality - a brandnew studio Album should be done quickly, Testament can´t only live in the past.