Home recording and GT-10

Annihilat0r

TRINITY WATCH IN AMAZING!
Jan 14, 2007
South of Heaven
I was wondering how I could set up a decent configuration to record covers and stuff.

What I am exactly looking for is a way to record the output of a processor directly into the computer without much data loss. I am pretty OK at editing and mixing stuff, so I just need the separate parts on my hard disk.

My questions;

1. I am thinking about getting a Boss GT-10 processor. It says "USB recording" in its specifications, but I couldn't find out what that exactly means. Do any of you guys use this processor? Does this mean that the processor sends the wave data (in the form of .wav or mp3, so a sound card is not involved at all) directly to the computer where it's then saved? Because if that's correct it means that a single GT-10 would do the trick for me.

2. If the above case is not true, then I can't directly record into the computer, so what kind of config would you suggest? I only have a MG30DFX amp, so I need a processor anyway. What kind of recording device would help me record the output of the processor directly to a hard disk without data loss, and without sound cards or microphones getting involved at all?

Thanks for any contribution