Hooked?

I applaud his consistancy. I just get tired of politics in music. Back in the 80's and early 90's his politics were in good music, which is mainly what i care about.

To make the point, if symphony x made politically charged lyrics for King of Terrors, it wouldn't phase me because it's a good-ass song. If their songwriting declined and they wrote a political song, i would not be for it.

Also, i know everyone has heard stories about the man and the ones i've heard rub me the wrong way, and so far as i can tell they are accurate. This doesn't take away from the fact that this is the dude who wrote some of the best albums in metal hands down. Not even Risk could destroy his legacy, nor could his asshole comments here and there. I just prefer the stoner burnout outspoken 80's Mustaine.

Well said! Kudos!!

I had a 13 year old metalhead brother, and I was a child who was very "aware" of things from an early age. At age 4 I even wrote a song called "Bloody Hammer" that was inspired by Metallica's "Kill 'Em All" cover. I was also a big fan of Iron Maiden's "Somewhere In Time" album... and the "Wasted Years" video. Other groups I like as a young child in the late 80s included: Pretty Maids, Frehley's Comet, Helloween, Queensryche, Judas Priest etc. In the early 90s, when I was like 9-10, I dabbled a bit in pop music (Phil Collins) and even country (Garth Brooks, Alabama) for like a year. At age 11, I got into Led Zeppelin, U2 and the Ramones. At age 14, I got into Kiss, AC/DC and 70s Aerosmith. At age 15, I rediscovered my love for Maiden, Priest, Ryche, 'Deth, Dio... later I got into some classic rock like Thin Lizzy and Blue Oyster Cult... and then I discovered the world of underground metal and prog at age 18 thanks to the wonders of the internet. In the last few years, I've been expanding my tastes into all sorts of crazy non-metal stuff.

I had a 13 year old metalhead brother, and I was a child who was very "aware" of things from an early age. At age 4 I even wrote a song called "Bloody Hammer" that was inspired by Metallica's "Kill 'Em All" cover. I was also a big fan of Iron Maiden's "Somewhere In Time" album... and the "Wasted Years" video. Other groups I like as a young child in the late 80s included: Pretty Maids, Frehley's Comet, Helloween, Queensryche, Judas Priest etc. In the early 90s, when I was like 9-10, I dabbled a bit in pop music (Phil Collins) and even country (Garth Brooks, Alabama) for like a year. At age 11, I got into Led Zeppelin, U2 and the Ramones. At age 14, I got into Kiss, AC/DC and 70s Aerosmith. At age 15, I rediscovered my love for Maiden, Priest, Ryche, 'Deth, Dio... later I got into some classic rock like Thin Lizzy and Blue Oyster Cult... and then I discovered the world of underground metal and prog at age 18 thanks to the wonders of the internet. In the last few years, I've been expanding my tastes into all sorts of crazy non-metal stuff.

My 4 year old could have no concept of Megadeth...that would be weird...he is though aware of the Naked Brothers Band's Crazy Car:lol:

I'll be looking for your updated version of "Bloody Hammer".

My 4 year old could have no concept of Megadeth...that would be weird...he is though aware of the Naked Brothers Band's Crazy Car:lol:

I'll be looking for your updated version of "Bloody Hammer".

My favorite song as a 4 year old was Megadeth's "Devil's Island". How freaky would it be to hear that coming out of your 4 year old's mouth? :lol:

Oh, come on!...at 4, your parents bought you a fresh copy of Peace Sells?:lol:
Why not? My kids were headbanging from birth... even though both of them went through a *shudder* Hanson and Spice Girls *end shudder* time during primary school, but that was because that's what their friends were listening to.

Why not? My kids were headbanging from birth... even though both of them went through a *shudder* Hanson and Spice Girls *end shudder* time during primary school, but that was because that's what their friends were listening to.

Well, the cover and content are a bit adult for a 4 year old...whatever...it's not a parenting thread.:lol:

Well, the cover and content are a bit adult for a 4 year old...whatever...it's not a parenting thread.:lol:
The cover and content wouldn't have interested a kid of 4... it would be the beat of the music more than anything. The kids will sing along, but if you listen closely, I can guarantee that they won't be singing the proper lyrics. Mondegreens abound!!

When all was said and done, I concluded, no one has the secret formula to being the perfect parent..... :erk:

When all was said and done, I concluded, no one has the secret formula to being the perfect parent..... :erk:

There's no such thing...not according to the kids anyway.:lol:

My 4 year old says I'm the best...that's all that matters...unless I have to take his Webkinz...then he "hates" me.:lol: I dare not take his Megadeth albums...or his smokes.:lol:

What's wrong with letting kids listen to Megadeth? As long as parents are there to give their kids context, it's not like they're going to go shoot up some heroin and have unprotected sex with tranny hookers.